JBL’s most playful Bluetooth speaker is getting upgraded today. The JBL Pulse caught everyone’s attention a few years back when it arrived complete with a full-on LED lightshow. Now, Harman is announcing the JBL Pulse 2 today that looks to be even more fun.
The JBL Pulse 2 retains the cylindrical shape and LED lights of its predecessor, but adds a couple key features which make it more versatile and personal. First off, the Pulse 2 is now splashproof just like JBL’s other recent releases so you can rock out next to your pool and not have to worry about ruining your expensive speaker. But perhaps the most interesting feature is its upgraded lightshow. Now instead of being limited to prefixed light displays, it has a Prism color sensor lens that lets the speaker to match the shade of color it’s pointed at.
The JBL Pulse 2 also supports up to 3 connected smart devices at once, speakerphone capabilities, and the ability to connect with other JBL Connect enabled speakers to create even bigger sound. It’s slated to launch later this month and will be priced at $199.95.
The original JBL Pulse is now available at a 50% discount from Verizon Wireless, coming in at $99.99 with free shipping.
STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today, HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, unveils the JBL Pulse 2, a wireless, splashproof speaker that transforms any space into a party through a captivating light display.
“The flicker of vibrant lights in perfect synch with the music adds a new, mesmerizing dimension to the listening experience, and now we’re bringing the ability to personalize the lightshow that people absolutely love.”
The latest addition to JBL’s growing family of splashproof portable speakers, JBL Pulse 2 gives music lovers powerful sound anywhere, anytime. JBL’s splashproof portables include the Clip+, Charge 2+, Flip 3, Pulse 2 and Xtreme, and seamlessly stream songs from your smartphones or tablets. Whether relaxing on the beach, camping on a mountainside or unwinding at home, JBL portable speakers elevate the experience through immersive audio.
With sensational sound and synchronized flashes of vivid, full-color light, the JBL Pulse 2 intensifies music anytime, anywhere. Listeners can wirelessly stream songs from any smart device and watch the glow of the Pulse 2 as it illuminates the room or evening sky to the rhythms of their favorite hits. To elevate and personalize the LED lightshow experience, the Pulse 2 features the JBL Prism color sensor lens. By pointing the lens at any desired color, the Pulse 2 will match the shade selected, amplifying the colors of life.
The Pulse 2’s high-quality stereo sound, splash proof design and 10 hours of playtime make it the perfect party companion. Pulse 2 also features a noise and echo cancelling speakerphone for crystal clear calls. Its JBL Connect technology can wirelessly link multiple JBL Connect-enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience. For those looking for the pinnacle of personalization at the tip of their fingers, the JBL Connect app lets users further customize the lightshow and configure JBL Connect settings. Download the JBL Connect app to unlock even more interactive features waiting to be discovered on the JBL Pulse 2.
“Pulse 2 is the second generation of one of our best-selling portable products, and it will change the way people listen to music,” said Michael Mauser, president, Lifestyle Audio Division, HARMAN. “The flicker of vibrant lights in perfect synch with the music adds a new, mesmerizing dimension to the listening experience, and now we’re bringing the ability to personalize the lightshow that people absolutely love.”
The JBL Pulse 2 Features
- Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing music with sensational sound
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 10 hours of playtime with music and lightshow.
- Take calls from your speaker with a touch of a button – crystal clear thanks to the noise and echo cancelling speakerphone
- Customizable lightshow visualizes user’s favorite tracks or sets the atmosphere using its ambient lighting
- Allows music lovers to use the speaker in the rain and the great outdoors with its rugged and splashproof design
- Build your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL Connect enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience
- Provides a richer bass option with its dual external passive radiators
- The JBL Prism color sensor lens enables users to add more colors to the palate by simply pointing and shooting the lens at the desired color and the Pulse 2 will adapt its lightshow to the shade chosen
- Customize your lightshow experience and configure your JBL Connect settings, all at the tip of your fingers with the JBL Connect App
Pricing and Availability
The JBL Pulse 2 will be available globally, in-stores and at www.jbl.com/Pulse2 in September 2015 (MSRP $199.95).
As the leader in revolutionary sound, JBL continues to push audio boundaries through innovation and personalized sound technology. The JBL brand offers unprecedented wireless speaker performance for authentic audio experience.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links