Black Friday will be here before you know it and some retailers are beginning to detail what they expect to be the most sought after toys this holiday season. Amazon and Toys R Us, two of the biggest toy retailers, have each released a list of 2015’s must-have toys. Full details below.
Amazon expects a big year from Star Wars, Disney and STEM-based toys. Additionally, the online retailer will have 14 exclusive toys available this November. If you’re not already, we highly-recommend grabbing a Prime membership ahead of the winter shopping season. This will maximize your Amazon shopping experience with access to Prime-exclusive deals and fast two-day shipping on millions of products. Visit Amazon’s Holiday Toy List Hub for more details.
Top Picks at Amazon:
- View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack | More coverage here…
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber
- K’NEX 100 Model Imagine Building Set | Amazon Exclusive
- Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Musical Dancing Palace | Amazon Exclusive
Meanwhile, Toys R Us has detailed its Fabulous 15 Hot Toy List. You’ll find a wide variety of options that span many different ages. One of the nice options of shopping at Toys R Us is the ability to order online and pick up in-store at your convenience.
Top Picks at Toys R Us:
- LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack
- Star Wars R2-D2 Interactive Robotic Droid
- Fisher-Price Imaginext Ultra T-Rex
- NERF N-Strike Modulus ECS-10 Blaster
Amazon.com Commences the Holiday Cheer with 2015 Holiday Toy List
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oct. 15, 2015– (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon.com today announced its 2015 Holiday Toy List (www.amazon.com/holidaytoylist), a curated list of more than a thousand of the hottest products for kids of all ages and interests. Amazon toy buyers and editors searched far and wide to produce this robust selection of gifts, which includes everything from the most popular items to unique specialty toys. In addition to highlighting Mom Picks and Kid Picks, the Holiday Toy List also features new trend-focused categories – STEM, Movie Favorites, Retro, and Toys That Go.
STEM toys such as the Meccano MeccaNoid G15 KS and Thames & Kosmos Remote-Control Machines: Space Explorers Science Kit continue to grow in popularity as they are introduced to customers through the STEM Toys & Games Store. There is also a lot of buzz around Star Wars this year, with the Star Wars Legendary Jedi Master Yoda and Play-Doh Star Wars Millennium Falcon already big hits with customers. Dinosaur toys are on everyone’s list thanks to Jurassic World and the upcoming Good Dinosaur movie, including the Playskool Heroes Jurassic World Dino Tracker and WowWee MiP Robot Miposaur. Even with all of the innovative toys available today, retro products like the Spirograph Deluxe Design Set and Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer and Stroll Trike are as hot as ever.
“We are super excited about the products featured on our Holiday Toy List this year, from popular STEM toys that educate and inspire the young scientist to our favorite movie characters that ignite the imagination in your aspiring actor or author,” said Eva Lorenz, Category Leader of Toys & Games for Amazon.com. “The Holiday Toy List, which now features Amazon Wish List functionality and even more editorial content, makes shopping easier for parents and gift-givers so they can spend more time with their loved ones during the busy holiday season.”
Amazon is offering daily deals on Holiday Toy List products this year, including items from top brands such as Disney, Fisher-Price, Green Toys,Hasbro, LeapFrog, Mattel, Nickelodeon, and Star Wars. This year, customers can also create Amazon Wish Lists for sharing with family and friends, add products to existing Wish Lists, or add products directly to their cart – all while shopping the Amazon Holiday Toy List. In addition, customers can shop the full Holiday Toy List using intuitive search filters like brand, age, price range, and discount, to find exactly what they are looking for.
Some of the anticipated best-selling toys and games for this holiday season include:
- Playskool Sesame Street Play All Day Elmo
- Crayola Easy Animation Studio
- Paw Patrol – Paw Patroller
- Girl Scouts Cookie Oven
- Syma X5C Explorers 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter With HD Camera
- WowWee MiP Robot Miposaur
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Deluxe Electronic Lightsaber
- Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo
- Fisher-Price Nickelodeon Blaze and the Monster Machines Super Stunts Blaze
- Barbie Pop-Up Camper Vehicle
- Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
- Magic: The Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers Game
- Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage Playset
- Anki OVERDRIVE Starter Kit, available through the new Amazon Launchpad program for startups
- View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
- Miles From Tomorrowland Stellosphere
- Playmation Marvel Avengers Starter Pack Repulsor
Customers can also discover toys available exclusively from Amazon on the Holiday Toy List, including:
- Disney Frozen Anna Doll, Sven and Sleigh Gift Set
- Disney Frozen Karaoke
- Monster High Draculaura Collector Doll
- Learning Resources New Sprouts Complete Play Food Set
- Learning Resources Pretend and Play Cash Register, Pink
- Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Musical Dancing Palace Gift Set
- Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Wooden Railway Christmas Crossings
- Zoomer Kitty, Midnight
- FurReal Friends Flurry, My Baby Snow Leopard Pet
- Lincoln Logs Lake Union Lodge Toy
- Tinker Toys Little Constructor’s Building Set
- K’NEX 100 Model Imagine Building Set
- McFarlane Toys Halo 5: Guardians 10″ Spartan Locke Figure (Un-Helmeted Version)
- Baby Genius Musical Train
Customers who shop the Holiday Toy List will find the same tools and helpful information they have come to know and love from Amazon, including fast and free shipping options – unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime and Prime Free Same-Day Delivery in 14 metro areas – millions of helpful customer reviews, best-sellers, and personalized product recommendations. For more information on the 2015 Holiday Toy List, please visit www.amazon.com/holidaytoylist.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links