Apple’s move to drop the 3.5mm headphone jacket with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus leaves you with 2 reasonable options for listening to music or taking calls: connect wirelessly via Bluetooth or directly through the Lightning port. There’s also that tiny 3.5mm to Lightning adapter, but that’s just messy. Even though Bluetooth has come a long way, it’s still finicky enough to be a real hassle at times (especially on low-end models). I prefer wired earbuds for ease of use (no doing the Bluetooth pair/re-pair dance) and super sound quality.
If Apple’s EarPods refuse to stay in your ears or you just need an extra pair of headphones for your travel bag, you should take a look at Spigen’s just announced in-ear Lightning headphones with remote and mic. They retail for $46.99, but we’ve partnered with Spigen to bring 9to5Toys readers an exclusive 50% launch day discount. Just enter coupon code STA8IZQH during checkout at Amazon to drop your final price to $23.50. Unlike the majority of budget Lightning headphones that have come before it, these are backed by an established and trusted company in Spigen. And at this price, you honestly can’t go wrong.
Spigen is also pushing out its new 24W/4.8A dual-port USB car charger live today. And again, we’ve managed to secure you an exclusive discount. This time coupon code LOTR9N8T will knock the price from $8.99 to just $2.99 (67% off). Pair it with some extra Lightning cables and you’ll be able to quickly charge your iPhone or iPad while on-the-go.
The headphones include free standard shipping and the car charger is Prime eligible.
Related: Here are the best Lightning-connected headphones that you can buy for iPhone 7 today
More on Spigen’s Lightning headphones:
- Soft silicone, noice cancelling earbuds gives you maximum comfort for long durations of time, especially while exercising and running.
- Virtually no-loss signal transmission of 24-bit digital audio with oxygen free copper cords for assurance
- 8-pin Lightning connector which fully supports Apple MFi for connecting to iOS devices like iPhones, iPads, and iPods
- Fully accessible remote which launches apps like iTunes Radio with the push of a button
- Amplified bass brings up the beat in Pop, Rock, and R&B, Hip Hop, and all your favorite Genres.