As a part of its lead up to Black Friday, Amazon is now discounting a handful of its Kindle E-readers by as much as 25%. Although we’ve seen stronger discounts for Prime members-only, today’s deals are a match of the best sale prices that we’ve seen for all shoppers.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s Kindle deals:
- New Kindle E-reader: $60 (Reg. $80)
- Rated 3.9/5 stars by over 1,900
- Available in white or black
- Kindle Paperwhite: $100 (Reg. $120)
- Kindle Voyager: $180 (Reg. $200)
- Rated 4.3/5 stars by more than 10,800 customers
- High resolution 300ppi display
- Multi-week battery life
- Learn more in our release coverage
The all-new Kindle is 11% thinner and 16% lighter than the previous generation Kindle, making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand. Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary, hand-built fonts to create crisp text similar to what you see in a physical book. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform, improving text and image quality. Recent studies have shown that evening exposure to blue light from backlit screens like tablets and smartphones can suppress the body’s production of melatonin, a naturally occurring hormone that helps the body fall asleep. Because the Kindle display emits no light, you can read anytime without losing sleep.