As successful as Switch has been for Nintendo, it hasn’t been without criticism including warped consoles and a somewhat underwhelming launch lineup. Despite some fantastic titles already available on the platform like the near-perfect Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Arms and Splatoon 2, Nintendo is going to have to do more than bring the Rabbids to the Mushroom Kingdom to keep the hype going. Fortunately, today’s “Nindies” game showcase has brought a lot more to the table…
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
We all expect Nintendo to have a decent number of high quality first party titles for any of its hardware, but it’s the little guys that help to fill in the gaps between major releases.
This morning’s presentation showed off some pretty major games including the next release in the No More Heroes saga, Super Meat Boy Forever, Shovel Knight: King of Cards, Golf Story, Kentucky Route Zero:TV Edition and much more. You’ll find a complete list of everything we saw including some release windows and more.
Travis Touchdown is making a comeback on the Nintendo Switch™ in Travis Strikes Again.
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again will be released sometime in 2018 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. You can check out the new trailer above.
Another highlight from the show was Super Meat Boy Forever and its endlessly adaptable levels. Team Meat is bringing the new platformer to Nintendo Switch sometime in 2018.
A personal highlight for me, Shovel Knight’s final campaign, King of Cards, will be playable on Nintendo Switch in ”early 2018”.
And here is a list of the rest of the titles showcased in today’s Nintendo Nindies event:
- Super Meat Boy Forever (2018)
- No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again (2018)
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards (early 2018)
- Kentucky Route Zero, TV Edition (early 2018)
- Golf Story (September 2017)
- Mom Hid My Game! (late 2017)
- Floor Kids (holiday 2017)
- Wulver Blade (September 2017)
- Poly Bridge (holiday 2017)
- Earth Atlantis (Fall)
- Next Up Hero (early 2018)
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (September 21st)
- Mulaka (early 2018)
- Yolo and the Celestial Elephants (October 12th)
- Battle Chef Brigade (holiday 2017)
- Morphies Law (winter)
- Sausage Sports Club (Fall)
- Light Fingers (early 2018)
- Nine Parchments (holiday 2017)
More Gaming News, Updates and Deals:
- Xbox One X pre-orders are now live at Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, more!
- Hands-on with Colorware’s custom controllers for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PS4
- Here’s the brand new Super Nintendo-themed 3DS XL handheld
- Square is bringing Final Fantasy XV to iOS and Android [Video]
- Nintendo unveils the new Splatoon 2 Switch bundle for North America