As we wind down 2017, the 9to5Toys team is reviewing the year to see what stories and products were your favorites. Our Product of the Year was the DJI Spark Drone which our readers loved but at around $349/ea it wasn’t nearly our best seller.
What product sold the most units? Amazon is the only US vendor that allows us to see the most accurate stats and accounts for over 55% of our sales by number so we’re going to go with their data specifically….**drumroll**
Our biggest seller was the AUKEY ULTRA COMPACT USB Wall Charger w/ Dual Port 2.4A Output
That’s not a terribly exciting product but its popularity lends itself to how helpful it is, thanks to portability and an inexpensive price. Apple only includes a 1A charger with its incredibly popular iPhone line and most phone and tablet makers only include a single port on their default chargers.
This little plug, which is a smaller size than the default one that comes with most phones charges Apple and Android devices as fast as USB-A will allow – 2.4A at 5V. And it will charge two devices at a time at that speed. It allows you to charge your iPhone twice as fast and a friend or iPad gets powered up too! It gets great reviews, a two-year warranty and our readers kept coming back for more.
Aukey, in celebrating this achievement with us, is offering our readers a chance to pick it up today and tomorrow for just $8 with code AUXMAS06 at Amazon. “Throw away Apple’s adapter and add this to your tech arsenal”.
What else sold well? There were:
- 3 gift cards in the top 10
- 2 smart home plugs in the top 10
- 37 of the top 100 products mentioned “Apple” in the product title
- Anker had 16 products in the top 100 including #3, while Aukey had 8
- Top Non-tech? A first aid kit came in at #21, #31 was a tool set, and #37 was Crest’s White Strips (our readers have great smiles!)
Below find the full top 100 sale items on Amazon for 9to5Toys in 2017:
Some caveats to the list below:
- These were from Amazon only and were deal posts specifically from all writers
- These are arranged by SKUs (some products have many SKUs so that limits their availability here) and the top sellers were in the many thousands
- Some of these products sell out or get new SKUs midway through the year limiting their ability to make the list
- These are raw numbers and links so all may no longer be in stock
Without further ado, here’s your list:
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links