iTunes is running a pair of sales this week on a number of popular digital HD movies. Leading the way is select Disney films priced at $14.99, down from the regular price of $20. iTunes rarely discounts these titles, so now is a great opportunity to load up your library with these iconic films. Along with the Disney promotion, iTunes is also offering a number of Oscar-winning movies for under $10, including a nice selection of films with leading ladies. Our top picks from both are below.
Disney movies on sale:
- The Lion King: $15 (Reg. $20)
- Beauty and the Beast: $15 (Reg. $20)
- 2017 release: $15 (Reg. $20)
- The Jungle Book: $15 (Reg. $20)
- Cinderella: $15 (Reg. $20)
- …and more…
Notable Oscar movies:
- Wonder Woman: $10 (Reg. $20)
- Julia & Julia: $10 (Reg. $15)
- The Color Purple: $10 (Reg. $15)
- The Big Short: $10 (Reg. $20)
- American Hustle: $10 (Reg. $15)
- The Wolf of Wall Street: $10 (Reg. $15)
- …and more…
A Lion cub crown prince is tricked by a treacherous uncle into thinking he caused his father’s death and flees into exile in despair, only to learn in adulthood his identity and his responsibilities. This Disney animated feature follows the adventures of the young lion Simba (Zoe Leader), the heir of his father, Mufasa (Ernie Sabella). Simba’s wicked uncle, Scar (Rowan Atkinson), plots to usurp Mufasa’s throne by luring father and son into a stampede of wildebeests. But Simba escapes, and only Mufasa is killed. Simba returns as an adult (Jeremy Irons) to take back his homeland from Scar with the help of his friends Timon (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) and Pumbaa (Cheech Marin).
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.