mophie has today released its newest wireless charger, the Charge Stream Pad+. Coming in at $60, this new offering puts out up to 10W of power, comes in two colors, and features a removable power cable.
We went hands on at 9to5Mac with mophie’s Wireless Charging Base last October that is sold in Apple Stores. It initially sold for $60, but now with the release of the Charge Stream Pad+, the 7.5W model with fixed power cable has come down to $50.
iPhone 8 and X owners won’t be able to make use of the extra 2.5W with the Charge Stream Pad+, but it’s possible Apple could make that happen in a future update. However, Samsung and some other smartphones can take advantage of the higher wireless output. Also, this new offering comes in both white and black.
Here are the specs on mophie’s latest offering:
- Qi certified, delivers up to 10W of power
- Includes 5 foot micro USB cable and QC 2.0 power adapter
- Device over charge and foreign object protection
- Low-profile design with rubberized non-slip TPU coating
- Charges through cases up to 3mm thick
- Fast charge compatible (Android devices)
If $60 sounds like more than you’d like to pay for a wireless charger there are some other great options on the market. Anker offers a solid choice for $26, while RAVPower offers a 7.5W model for $30.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links