Amazon offers the Eve HomeKit Motion Sensor for $39.95 shipped. That’s good for a 20% discount from the going rate and a new Amazon all-time low. Eve’s motion sensor works without a hub, features IPX3 water resistance, and is compatible with HomeKit. It connects over Bluetooth, so if you plan on placing it in a room far away from your HomeKit hub, it might be worth looking into a non-standalone option like Hue’s motion sensor. Reviews are still coming in, but other Eve HomeKit devices are highly-rated.
If you’re worried about the range of Bluetooth affecting the reliability of Eve’s sensor, consider the Philips Hue Motion Sensor instead. It’s the same price, but you’ll need to already have the Hue bridge in order to take advantage of its extremely reliable ZigBee support.
Eve HomeKit Motion Sensor features:
- Effortless control: automatically set scenes and control your connected accessories via your presence
- Be informed: Receive notifications when movement is detected
- Homekit-enabled: unparalleled ease of use and advanced security
- Truly wireless: powered by long-lasting, replaceable batteries
- Easy setup: Direct connection using Bluetooth low energy technology – no hub or gateway required
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.