Amazon offers the 3rd Generation August Smart Lock in Silver for $99.99 shipped. Also at Best Buy. Regularly $125 or more, today’s deal is a match of our previous Gold Box mention and the lowest price available from a reputable seller. August’s Smart Lock delivers one of the easiest ways to introduce a voice-controlled deadbolt to your home. Easily check the status of your lock or hand out guest keys via the August App to allow visitors a way into your home. August promises installation takes “about 10 minutes” with just a screwdriver. This is the #1 best-selling deadbolt at Amazon with nearly 600 reviewers leaving a 3.8/5 star rating.
If you’re looking for a lower-cost, and lower-tech, solution to monitoring doorways. Consider a two-pack of GE door alarms for under $10. These monitors make it easy to know when someone has entered or exited just about any doorway.
August Smart Locks feature:
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). Requires 110-240V
- Secure, keyless entry for your smart home. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone. Does require drilling a ⅝ inch hole into your door
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt, so everyone can still use their keys.
- Stop hiding keys under rocks. Send guest keys from anywhere instantly—all from the August app.
- Control access for anyone. Grant access for a few weeks, a few hours, a few minutes. It’s up to you.
- Be sure you are secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSenseTM to tell you the door is completely closed and locked. Requires ios (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links