Amazon is currently offering its Echo Input in both colors for $19.99 shipped. Normally selling for $35, that’s good for a 43% discount, is the first major price drop and a new Amazon all-time low. Echo Input features four microphones and allows you to bring Alexa to pretty much any speaker setup you own via the built-in 3.5mm audio port or Bluetooth. Today’s discount couldn’t be more perfectly-timed, considering that Google just announced it’d be discontinuing Chromecast Audio. Rated 3.8/5 stars.
Echo Input is a great solution for bringing all of Alexa’s capabilities to your high-end speaker systems. Those looking to expand their AirPlay audio setups can pair their speakers with a Raspberry Pi by following our handy walkthrough.
Echo Input features:
- Echo Input adds Alexa to an external speaker and connects via 3.5 mm audio cable or Bluetooth.
- Can hear you from across the room—even when music is playing.
- Stream Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more on your favorite speaker.
- Just ask Alexa to play a song, read the news, or check the weather and traffic.
- Set alarms and timers, add items to your to-do list, and control compatible smart home devices.
- Calling and Drop In via Bluetooth is currently not supported.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
— 9to5Toys (@9to5toys) January 14, 2019