Amazon offers the 3rd generation August Smart Lock in Dark Gray for $94 shipped. For comparison, it has a list price of $150 but usually sells for around $120 at retailers like Home Depot. Today’s deal is $6 less than our previous mention. The third-generation August smart lock is an easy way to add smartphone-controlled security to your home. August promises that install only takes about 10 minutes total. Send guests temporary keys, check the status of your doors and more. Rated 3.9/5 stars.
Those after a simpler and lower-cost approach should go with a pair of door sensors instead. This two-pack from GE is an easy way to be alerted when your doors are opened. It has a built-in alarm up to 120 decibels, so you’ll be certain to be aware of any activity.
August 3rd Generation Smart Lock features:
- Secure, keyless entry for your smart home. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone.
- Your phone is now your key. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone.
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt, so everyone can still use their keys.
- Stop hiding keys under rocks. Send guest keys from anywhere instantly—all from the August app.
- Control access for anyone. Grant access for a few weeks, a few hours, a few minutes. It’s up to you.