The gaming console market is a notoriously competitive field — and Microsoft is taking a different approach: if you can’t change the gear, then change the game. Microsoft launched Xbox Game Pass last summer and provided members with access to over 100 games. If you’ve not yet tried the service, head below to learn how you can start a 14-day free trial.
The four products included in the sale (pictured above) include:
- Helios – $104 (Reg. $130) w/ code 9to5ToysMoshiSafari: A compact and lightweight designer backpack crafted with vegan leather. Despite its slim frame, it can carry a 13″ laptop (MacBook Pro 13-inch 2016-2017) or tablet, with leftover space for your sunglasses case and wallet. A front pocked is designed for easy access and to hold valuables.
- Lula – $96 (Reg. $120) w/ code 9to5ToysMoshiSafari: A sleek crossbody nano bag with adjustable straps, available in black, pink, and blue twill and features stylish golden accents. The main compartment is large enough for an iPad mini while a zippered RFID pocket protects your personal data from theft.
- Tego Backpack – $136 (Reg. $170) w/ code 9to5GoogleMoshi: Crafted from a lightweight and durable fabric, the Tego backpack sports a futuristic design while maintaining modern functionality. Conveniently charge your phone on the move with a pass-through USB port (fast charging 2.4 A) that attaches to a portable battery (optional) stored inside your bag.
- Tego Slingpack –$96 (Reg. $120) w/ code 9to5ToysMoshiSafari: The crossbody Tego Slingpack is cut-proof and weather-resistant to keep your belongings safe and dry. The compact interior includes several compartments for smartphones and other small devices. It also features an anti-theft rear zippers.
November 27, 2015
November 24, 2015
B&H has some extraordinary deals on Apple’s latest Macintosh products that are now available. These beat many of the competition’s Black Friday deals and B&H only charges tax at time of purchase in New York State.
- 21.5-inch 2.8GHz/8GB/1TB: $1,179, $120 off
- 21.5-inch 3.1GHz/8GB/1TB: $1,349, $150 off
- 27-inch(mid 2015) 3.3GHz/8GB/1TB (7200RPM): $1579, $420 off original price
- 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB: $1,629, $170 off
- 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB 1TB Fusion: $1,799, $200 off
- 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB: $799, $100 off
- 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB: $979.99, $120 off
- 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB: $1,079, $120 off
- 6-core 3.5GHz/16GB/256GB: $3,499, $500 off
Retina MacBook Pro
September 17, 2015
Amazon has taken the wraps off an entire family of new Kindle Fire tablets, including a new budget-friendly $50 model alongside two Kindle Fire HD tablets and a special Kids Edition version with a unique protective case. The new Android-based devices were launched alongside a new Amazon Fire TV family and will feature a revamped user interface, dubbed Fire OS 5 ‘Bellini’…
April 14, 2015
April 7, 2015
The popular Roomlia hotel savings application for iOS and Android is today launching an interesting new loyalty program. Basically, if you stay 7 nights, you will get a night free.
In order to get to that free night, the application will add up the amount you paid each night for your first 7 nights, and then it will credit you back the average. In most cases, this will obviously work out to an eight night free.
The cool parts about the program, which differentiate it from competitors, are that these are actual nights, not days, and the nights can be combined. You don’t need to stay 7 nights in a row to get the credit back toward an either night. You can stay for 3 nights during one trip, and 4 nights on another trip to get up to the 7.
The app is developed by a team made up of former Expedia developers, the application actually has some great deals that beat out some of the competition.
New hotels and supported cities are added each week, and users can book rooms up to 7 days in advance, for up to 5 nights at a time.
March 20, 2015
If you haven’t yet treated your TV to a Chromecast stick to stream content from your Android devices, Google would really like you to do so. The company has been playing with its mix of freebies again, with $80 worth on offer if you buy between today and 19th April.
Current offers include three-month trial subscriptions to Google Play Music, DramaFever and Sesame Street GO, as well as one month of Qelio Concerts and a free Play Movies rental thrown in – and you can even save a few bucks on Amazon at the moment … expand full story
December 1, 2014
November 1, 2014
A leaked sales flyer for Sam’s Club reveals that the wholesale retailer will begin selling the iPhone 6 for as low as $99 with a new two-year service agreement starting November 15th. The upcoming Black Friday promotion will see each iPhone 6 model on sale for $100 off their standard on-contract prices: 16GB ($99), 64GB ($199) and 128GB ($299). expand full story
September 25, 2014
After first showing off the latest Mac Pro at WWDC 2013 and launching the professional-class desktop computer last December, Apple’s certified refurbished online store is now carrying discounted models for the first time.
The 2013 Mac Pro, which is the only Mac computer manufactured in the United States, ordinarily starts at $2,999 for the base model configuration, but customers looking to save on that cost can now get the same configuration for $450 less at $2,549. A variety of other configurations are available in refurbished models with discounted price tags ranging up to $7,479… expand full story
August 22, 2014
Apple has recently added the 2014 MacBook Air to the refurbished section of the Apple Online Store. Currently, the 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 11-inch MacBook Air is available in two configurations priced at $769 and $929, with 128 GB and 256 GB SSD’s respectively. 13-inch Air’s have also been in the store at various times in the last couple of days, so should return once Apple replenishes their refurbished inventory. These reduced prices are equivalent to around 15% savings in comparison new models from Apple’s site. The products were added two days ago, and have been lapsing in and out of stock constantly, so — like much of Apple’s refurbished offerings — quantities are obviously limited.
May 22, 2014
Sure, you could plug a Chromecast into your regular smart TV, but where’s the fun in that? Today, Hisense announced the availability of its new 55-inch LED TV that might just make you try something crazy. In addition to a sub-$700 price tag and 120Hz refresh rate, this slim boob tube just so happens to run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. So you’ll be able to run several media-friendly apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video and Chrome.
December 20, 2013
Santa’s coming a little early this year for App Store shoppers. App Santa, collaborative campaign between a group of award-winning app developers, launched today with deep discounts on fifteen of the most popular iOS apps from ten different developers.
Bring a little holiday cheer to your iOS devices by grabbing these apps while they’re on sale, or spread some joy to the world by gifting your favorites to your friends and family. You can find the full list of participating apps below. expand full story
November 28, 2013
August 13, 2013
Apple offers a rare sale on iTunes movie bundles yielding the lowest prices we’ve seen on digital media on some popular media. Save even more by snagging a 20% off $60 iTunes gift card at ebay: $48 or nab some iOS products on sale.
(Update: We’re hearing Apple is changing prices on many of these)
Bundles are available in SD/HD start at $9.99 making a lot of these “buy one get two free” pricing. Some standouts (HD Prices):
- Spiderman Trilogy: $19.99
- The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration: $19.99
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: $9.99
- Lethal Weapon Movie Collection: $9.99
- Austin Powers Collection for $9.99
- Harry Potter Complete Collection: $9.99
- The Matrix Trilogy: $9.99
- Die Hard Ultimate collection: $39.99
- Back to the Future Trilogy: $19.99
Many more pictured below:
- $60 iTunes gift card for just $48: Save 20% on future app, music, movie purchases (9to5toys.com)
- Breaking Bad season split not going over well with iTunes season pass holders (9to5mac.com)
- Apple continues international roll-out of iTunes in the Cloud for Movies, adding eight more countries (9to5mac.com)