MLB Advanced Media has released R.B.I. Baseball 14 for iOS today. Back in January the developer announced it would be reviving the nearly 20 year old franchise, along with its simple but engaging gameplay mechanics. This isn’t a simulation style experience like The Show, it is specifically designed as a modern take on the simple but fun sports experiences some of us remember from the early days of sports gaming.
The game has been updated with modern graphics, as well as 2014 rosters and teams. Additional features include:
- Full game complete with all 30 MLB teams and 480 current MLB players
- Play entire 9 inning games in under 20 minutes
- Easy-to-use classic controls, two buttons to manage gameplay
- Player characteristics based on real stats
- Unlock special retro jerseys by completing custom team challenges in season mode
R.B.I. Baseball 14 is available now on the App Store for $5, and according to the official site, it will be available on both PS3 and Xbox 360 ($20) some point today. The developer also said to expect PS4 and Android versions “coming this spring”
iOS Universal: R.B.I. Baseball 14: $5 (Released Today)
R.B.I. Baseball 14 is only compatible with the following devices: iPad 2, 3, 4, Air, and Mini; iPhone 4, 4S, 5, and 5s; and iPod Touch 5th Gen. Please make sure your device is supported before downloading.