Last month, I received the EasyAcc 7.2A 3 USB Ports Charging Desktop Power Strip with 2 Electrical AC Power Sockets Surge Protector Charging Station Power Supply which is at Amazon for $35.99. 9to5Toys Coupon code XM2RCCXO drops it to just $25 shipped (Reg. $35)…
- 3-in-1 Functionality: Desktop power strip which serves as AC Power Sockets, USB Charging and stand
- Fast Charging: 7.2 A 3-port USB, charge 3 devices such as tablets and smartphones simultaneously at full speed, save you time up to 50%.
- 2 AC Outlets: Never bend over to find a charger. Enable you to charge 2 laptops and other devices with AC input simultaneously on your desktop.
- Built-In Adjustable Stand: It’s convenient to stand your smart phones or tablet while watching videos.
- Safety Protection: Certified by CE, FCC and RoHs, protect your devices against lightning, surging, overcharge, overcurrent, short-circuit together with international authoritative certification of CE, RoHS, FCC etc. Waterproof baffle to effectively protect the socket from liquids into AC outputs.
It is a little bit travel surge protector/5-foot extension cord but also a 3-port fast USB charging hub. Additionally, it has a stand for smartphone or relatively small tablet (read not iPad Pro). It looks at home in any Apple-centric setup with its white and gray appearance. Because it is port-agnostic you can plug in USB-C cables, Lightning cables and microUSB cables as well, making it great for multi-environment households.
I originally put this on my desk at home and took it with me to hotels that have only one available AC outlet. This thing is great for that situation. I had a little revelation however: putting this by my bed allows me to fast charge (2.4A/ea) my phones and watch at night, as well as having an extra outlet for my computer and anything else I may need to plug in. It is great because you can use the stand to hold your device while charging.
One gripe however: in portrait mode, phones won’t charge. The easy fix is putting it in landscape mode. That allows you to watch some Netflix/HBO Go before bed. All told, it’s a solid solution for keeping your devices fully charged on the road or at home.