The headphone market is extremely crowded and finding new ways to innovate in a meaningful way is becoming more and more difficult to do. There are nearly as many options as you can fathom, from old school and ultra modern to those that will get you fined by the NFL. But today, Alpine is trying to put a new set of headphones on your ears, but this time you’ll notice they feel a little bit different….
Touting their new iOS app integration along with the their patented TKR3 Full Frequency Immersion Technology, Alpine claims that their new headphones create an experience that the user can literally have a “physical experience” while listening to their music. The accompanying Level Play iOS app is able to scan your music library and deliver a customized listening experience created especially for each piece of music you listen to. While the headphones themselves are wired, Alpine utilizes Bluetooth LE to send the appropriate EQ settings to your headphones for each song you listen to.
The Alpine Headphones feature a 24-bit digital-to-audio converter, twin high performance drivers as well as two 40mm high performance drivers. They have a frequency response level of 15 Hz- 24,000 Hz that is pushed out by powered digital amplifiers. Although they are wired, they must be charged via the included USB cable to sync with the iOS app. Alpine promises a 10 hour battery life, although they are not required to be charged to listen to music.
Alpine includes an in-line mic cable for connecting to your device, allowing you to receive phone calls while listening to your music. The Alpine Headphones are available in Apollo white or Onyx black, they will be in Apple Stores and available online October 17th at a retail price of $299.
Alpine Electronics Jumps Into Audio Headphone Market
Back October 14, 2014
Feel Your Music With Live Event Sensation
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. —October 14, 2014— Moving beyond premium in-car entertainment systems, Alpine Electronics enters the consumer electronics arena with today’s launch of Alpine Headphones and the accompanying Alpine Level Play iPhone App. Designed specifically for digital-native millennials and combining the company’s legacy spirit and strong heritage brand, Alpine Headphones enhance users’ senses to deliver the ambiance of a dance party, nightclub or live concert so users will not only hear, but feel their music.
“Breaking the paradigm of how playback is done, we are delivering the first headphones that deliver a real audio experience,” said Tom Yamasaki, President of Alpine Electronics of Silicon Valley. “This experience immerses users as they feel, hear and see their music.”
Alpine Headphone experience allows users to:
- FEEL: Alpine’s patented TKR3 Full Frequency Immersion Technology delivers a unique sound field expansion that recreates a live event sensation so users can feel the beat in their core.
- HEAR: Exceptional audio reproduction with user customizable sound settings.
- SEE: Users can interact with music via Level Play iPhone App.
The Alpine Level Play App scans, analyzes, and organizes the listener’s music library into “energy” levels. At playback, Level Play presents the listener with a randomized song flow from a particular “energy” level that can be tuned according to listener’s taste.
“If users want something to listen to while they work out, a high energy level would be best, whereas if you are winding down the day with a yoga session, something more mellow would probably suit the user best,” said Yamasaki. “In addition, users can share their experience of the user with others to add a social component to the experience.”
Alpine Headphones have merged deep technology and organic lifestyle into the shape of the headphones. Mirroring the complex and repetitious patterns in music, Alpine Headphones’ headband and iconic diamond shape design are layered harmoniously with a bold and impactful presence. With the pulsing bass transducer at the top of the headband marked with a stripe of the Alpine logo, users can take pride in Alpine’s history in premium audio and enjoy the uniquely Alpine sound.
Specific features include:
- TKR3 Full Frequency Immersion Technology: Unique sound field expansion that recreates a live concert like listening experience
- 24-bit stereo audio analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converter
- Powered Digital amplifiers
- 2 X 40 mm high performance drivers
- Fully programmable audio processing for separate bass and equalization
- Bluetooth Low Energy for easy-pairing with your iPhone device for user-programmable sound settings
- Level Play application, an application that scans, analyzes, and organizes the listener’s music library into “energy” levels. At Playback, Level Play presents the listener with a randomized song flow from a particular “energy” level
- Fixed rechargeable Li-ion battery with 10 hour capacity
- Dynamic circuitry allows for listening in case of fully depleted battery
- iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod ready audio cable with remote and microphone
- Available in Apollo White and Onyx Black
- Comes with: USB Charging cable, Audio Cable, and Headphone pouch
Pricing & Availability
Alpine Headphones are available now at all Apple retail stores and online on October 17th, 2014 at www.apple.com for a suggested retail price of $299. For more information, visit www.AlpineHeadphones.com . The headphones come with a USB charging cable, audio cable and headphone pouch. The app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store℠.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.