Apple’s AirPlay technology was designed to link iOS devices to Apple TV. But AirServer uses it differently — by installing it on your Mac, you can send a live video stream straight from any iOS device to your OS X computer (there is a PC version for Android/Windows Phone, too). In addition to watching movies and videos on a bigger screen, this means you can mirror your favorite apps for a better view (incl. games), all in 1080p HD. It is also a great help for anyone who needs to give presentations, and the app has a built-in screen-recording option, which is ideal for developers wanting to create video tutorials.
- Watch on-demand videos (AirServer supports third party media players like BBC iPlayer and Netflix)
- Get ultra-clear quality with full 1080p HD support
- Mirror your social media interaction to browse profiles and share photos with friends
- See your favorite apps broadcast on the big screen
- Play mobile-only games on the big screen and even play with your friends
- Record your actions to create demos and tutorials
- Available for Mac and PC (see drop-down on the product page for details on the PC version)