Last we heard from popular robotic vacuum maker Neato it was releasing its latest D-series Botvacs. And now it is back with the new Neato Botvac Connected robotic smart vac. Along with smartphone control, the new vacuum is being billed as “the best cleaning robot the company has ever designed.”
“Picture this: you’re at work when you learn that unexpected company is on the way to your house…You grab your smartphone, access the Neato app and with a couple of taps your Neato robot immediately starts cleaning. Your floors – at least – are clean when your guests arrive.”
On top of all the helpful smart features you can expect Neato’s laser-guided navigation and two new cleaning modes for energy efficiency or to get things done in a hurry. The company claims its latest connected model “picks up 50% more fine dust and cleans four times closer to walls” than the competitors when cleaning carpet.
Coming sometime in Q4 2015, this sucker is certainly going to be digging into your pockets deeper than the XV and D-series models. Neato is slapping the new Botvac Connected with a $699 suggested retail price. You can see a video of it in action here.
More New Toys of the Day:
- Leica partners with an Italian auto designer to create a marvelous set of limited edition binoculars
- SmartHalo adds simple smartphone-connected navigation to your bike’s handlebars
- Logitech’s new Artemis Wireless Gaming Headsets focus on features and compatibility
- Samsung introduces new multi-room speakers alongside an improved Android and iOS app
- Sensel’s Morph is an ultra sensitive Force Touch Trackpad look-alike
September 01, 2015 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
“You grab your smartphone, access the Neato app and with a couple of taps your Neato robot immediately starts cleaning. Your floors – at least – are clean when your guests arrive.”
In addition to enhanced features that maximize the robot’s ability to quickly and thoroughly pick up debris on both carpet and hardwood floors, Botvac Connected can be operated right from the users’ Apple or Android smartphone, using an easy to use mobile app to start, stop, schedule and monitor the vacuuming run. See Botvac Connected in action here.
“Picture this: you’re at work when you learn that unexpected company is on the way to your house,” said Nancy Nunziati, Neato’s vice president of marketing. “You grab your smartphone, access the Neato app and with a couple of taps your Neato robot immediately starts cleaning. Your floors – at least – are clean when your guests arrive.”
According to Neato, Botvac Connected cleans twice the area in the same amount of time and has twice the airflow of competitors. And when cleaning carpet, Neato picks up 50% more fine dust and cleans four times closer to walls.
“Add to this our unique laser-guided navigation and the ability to vacuum your home right from your smartphone and it’s easy to see why Botvac Connected is setting a new standard for robot vacuums,” said Giacomo Marini, Neato’s chairman and chief executive officer.
The new Botvac Connected features:
- Anytime/anywhere vacuuming: When Botvac Connected is paired with a home Wi-Fi network and the Neato app, users can remotely set up a regular vacuuming schedule, start a full house or spot clean, stop or pause the robot and get instant notifications about the status of the vacuuming run.
- Remote control from the Neato app: Users can direct the robot’s vacuuming path right from the Neato app when connected to the home network, moving Botvac Connected to clean wherever the user chooses.
- High capacity Lithium Ion battery: Improves the robot vacuuming experience with increased run times and a longer life span than a conventional battery.
- Two new cleaning modes: Users can choose between Eco Mode for a longer, quieter energy saving clean, or Turbo Mode for super-powered cleaning, with maximum pick up. Eco Mode will clean for up to 120 minutes while Turbo Mode has a run time of up to 90 minutes.
- Ultra performance filter: Botvac Connected features a new filter that captures up to twice the small particles (0.3 microns) compared to competitors. A new filter design makes it easy to pop out when emptying the dirt bin, and a new mesh screen keeps dirt from accumulating on the filter, making it easier to clean.
All Neato robots use the company’s patented Neato Botvision™ technology that combines laser scanning, continuous room mapping and real time object detection to plan the most efficient course to clean a home. This means Neato alters its navigation instantly when a new obstacle enters its path. It can work in the dark, moves from room to room, and knows when to return to its base for recharging — and then automatically goes back to the exact spot where it left off to finish the job. Unlike round robot vacuums that randomly bounce around a room, Neato moves in a methodical, straight-line path.
Neato’s advanced SpinFlow™ Power Clean system combines powerful suction and precision brushes to clean all types of floors. Neato’s unique D-shape and patented CornerClever™ technology means Neato moves deftly into corners. With the largest brushes and dirt bins on the market, Neato covers more square footage and picks up more debris than any other robot vacuum.
Botvac Connected is part of the well-regarded Neato Botvac™ Series of robot vacuums. Along with the popular Neato XV™ Series, the robots are available at all major online and brick and mortar retail partners. Botvac Connected will be available starting in the fourth quarter of 2015, with a suggested retail price of $699.
About Neato Robotics
Neato Robotics creates robots smart enough to perform household chores as intelligently and efficiently as a human. Neato products improve consumers’ lives, allowing them to spend less time cleaning and more time with family and friends. Neato is driving innovation with intelligent navigation, smart home connectivity and superior cleaning technologies. For more information, visit:https://www.neatorobotics.com/
For product photos, videos and logos go to: https://www.neatorobotics.com/company/press-releases/
Check out our videos: http://www.youtube.com/neatorobotics
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/neatorobotics
Keep up with the latest on Twitter: @neatorobotics
Krause Taylor Associates for Neato Robotics
Barbara Krause, 408-981-2429
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links