The Lytro Illum dares to be different, boasting even more robust features than its 1st Gen predecessor and a sleek design reminiscent of professional DSLRs. Right now you can get it for $700 shipped that’s $600 off the original price.
Most cameras capture the position of light rays, producing your average static 2D image. But the Illum’s cutting-edge technology records the direction of these rays, generating images you can later refocus, change perspective within, or view in 3D. You can essentially revisit the scene of the photo—meaning you’ll never miss snapping the perfect shot again.
- Take “living pictures” you can adjust afterwards
- Refocus your shots, change their perspective & view them in 3D, even in post-production
- Use familiar digital camera features: auto focus, exposure mode, etc.
- Capture the angle of every light ray in a scene
- Easily carry it anywhere: design is compact, durable & lightweight
- Shoot photos at an optimal resolution for sharing online
- Access an array of tools including photo filters & uploading software
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links