We’ve featured our fair share of LEGO sets in 2016, from new Minecraft releases to Ghostbuster-inspired models. Ahead of Comic-Con next week in San Diego, a handful of new releases have been detailed. LEGO has announced new BrickHeadz models that feature Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and others in celebration of this event. These aren’t your normal minifigs, either. Each model is to be constructed just like any other LEGO release. More details below…
Each of these DC and Marvel sets will be available at Comic-Con with one BrickHeadz taking center stage each day. This new line is set to release in 2017 and today’s news is the first glimpse at which characters will be included. Each of these sets will be San Diego Comic-Con exclusives, with more coming next year. This is an exciting change from traditional LEGO releases. We’ve seen plenty of super hero sets over the last few years but this line will be much more focused on the characters themselves as opposed to scenes from popular films.
Each of these super hero pairs will sell for $40 at next week’s event. You can expect them to hit eBay quickly with substantial markups. It’s unclear at this time if you’ll be able to purchase them individually at a later date or if it’s simply a one-time release.
Here’s a look at each of the kits:
Batman and The Joker – July 21
Doctor Strange and Black Panther – July 22
Superman and Wonder Woman – July 23
Captain America and Iron Man – July 24
More New Toy of the Day:
- Nintendo brings all the best classic titles to your HDTV w/ the new mini NES Edition console
- The Billie Amp promises to make your music sound better, but its design is what has me excited
- Goal Zero and Sylvansport partnered to create the ultimate tent-side solar power setup
- Olive’s new smartphone-connected suitcase lets you ride it like a Segway
- Move over microSD, Samsung announces new mobile storage solutions with fast speeds
Source: LEGO Facebook