Dyson has always made some of the most stylish fans on the market today. But it’s been slow to adapt to the smartphone-connected feature set most home good brands have embraced. Until now. Dyson’s new Pure Hot + Cool Link blends a fan, heater and air purifier in one slick machine. And of course, you can control it with your iPhone.
Dyson has been known for its bladeless fans for some time, with separate heating, cooling and purifying options on the market. In just a few weeks, it will be releasing its first product that combines all three. It’s no surprise that Dyson has made this jump to include each of these previously standalone devices into one simple product.
So how does it handle each of these mechanisms? The Pure Hot + Cool sucks in air through the bottom of the device, where it is then purified. From there, the heating element will do its job or the air will bypass and allow Dyson’s cooling air multiplier tech to take over. The glass HEPA filter is said to remove 99.95% of harmful particles.
Of course, we’re most excited about the addition of smartphone connectivity on Dyson’s latest release. The free app will track your air quality history, provides access to fan speed and temperature settings. You can setup a schedule for the fan to run throughout the day, too. It also tracks your remaining filter life and alerts you when it’s time to make a change.
Dyson’s new Pure Hot + Cool fan will be available in the United States on September 6th with a price tag of $600. Sure, that feels like a lot. But taking into effect the Dyson name and its three-prong feature set, its MSRP is no surprise.
More New Toy of the Day:
- Parrot’s new fixed-wing drone takes you on a first-person view of your flights
- Analogue’s new aluminum Nintendo remake is a beautiful reimagination of the retro console
- DALI Speakers introduces its first portable Bluetooth option with a luxurious design
- Whyd’s new voice-controlled AirPlay speaker might be the most intriguing audio release this year
- The PadBot T1 follows you around during FaceTime like something straight out of the Jetsons
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links