With Earth Day and Record Store Day 2017 approaching quickly, we are expecting to see a plethora of intersting new products, sales and promotions to mark the occasions. In fact, we already seeing a fantastic deal on the popular 3rd generation Nest Smart Thermostats. One thing we weren’t necessarily expecting was a single new product to celebrate both of them. Billed as the “market’s most sustainably-crafted record player”, the House of Marley Stir It Up is set for official release in just over a week’s time…
The exterior casing is made of a solid bamboo plinth and incorporates some of House of Marley’s proprietary eco-friendly materials. A recycled silicone rubber known as REGRIND and a fabric made of up-cycled hemp, organic cotton and plastic bottles dubbed REWIND. In combination with solid metal accents on the controls, platter and tone arm, the whole thing comes together to make a pretty amazing looking set-piece in just about any home or office setting.
It’s not all vintage appeal and and environmentally-conscious design here though. The Stir It Up features a built-in pre-amp and 3.5mm auxiliary outputs for connecting with your existing equipment. But we are also getting a USB-C port allowing users to connect the turntable to a PC for transfers and things of that nature.
- Solid bamboo plinth construction
- 45/33 RPM
- Solid aluminum alloy platter
- Built-in pre-amp with off switch for phono out
- USB to PC recording capability
- Anti-skating control
We are also getting automatic pitch control on the belt drive, auto start functionality, an easily replaceable Audio-Technica MM cartridge and a front-mounted headphone jack.
It may not be made by hand, levitate the record in the air or play vertically, but it will also only run you around $230. Otherwise, you can add another $20 to get the model with a bonus copy of Bob Marley’s Legend album. House of Marley says it will be available on April 22nd, 2017, but it is already for sale on Amazon starting from $200 shipped.
Here are some more amazing vintage-inspired turntables we have featured:
- This record player is made from local materials and hooks right up with your Sonos system
- The new Pyle Vertical Turntable meets Bluetooth speaker comes in at under $130, available now
- The Miniot Wheel Turntable strips away the plastic for a beautiful vinyl experience
- Music and mid-century design collide on this beautiful DJ stand that holds 350 vinyl records
- Shinola unveils new limited edition Runwell Turntable that’s made by hand in Detroit
- The Wrensilva Standard Hi-Fi Console screams Mad Men style with modern day connectivity
- Mag-Lev Audio’s Levitating Turntable lets your vinyl float in the air as it plays
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links