As we mentioned last week with the release of House of Marley’s environmentally sustainable turntable, Record Store Day is quickly approaching. And now, for the 10th anniversary of the occasion, along with the 40-year celebration of Star Wars: A New Hope, Crosley Radio will also be releasing its own limited edition record player come April 22nd…
Crosley Radio has been in the game for quite some time now. The company released its first radio in the 1920’s and is looking to bring its vintage prowess to the new limited run Star Wars player. The Crosley Cruiser Deluxe RSD turntable is covered in imagery inspired by the iconic poster art from the original film’s release back in 1977 (Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope).
This is a portable, three-speed turntable with pitch control, built-in “dynamic full-range” speakers, a headphone output and your typical RCA jacks. But it also has Bluetooth capabilities allowing you to stream audio through its speakers, if you wish.
The new Star Wars turntable will mark the 4th time Crosley has participated in Record Store Day with the release of an exclusive run vinyl player. Previous years saw iconic characters/personalities such as Mickey Mouse, The Ramones and the Peanuts featured on the company’s RSD release.
The new player from Crosley will see a limited release on April 22nd at participating independent record stores for $109.95. While this certainly isn’t the highest rated record player out there, Star Wars fans will appreciate the tribute to the film that started it all. The record player is pretty interesting, but the vintage-looking case and handle, along with the artwork is really the main appeal here.
If you’re interested in these retro vinyl-players, Crosley has a whole host of different options available starting at around $90 or so. Over on Amazon, there are some highly rated options starting at around $40 for casual users like the highly-rated Jensen JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable. Or you can step it up a notch with one of Victorla’s or Crosley’s classic wooden box designs starting at around $100. And you’ll more than likely want to check out some of these as well:
- This record player is made from local materials and hooks right up with your Sonos system
- The new Pyle Vertical Turntable meets Bluetooth speaker comes in at under $130, available now
- The Miniot Wheel Turntable strips away the plastic for a beautiful vinyl experience
- Music and mid-century design collide on this beautiful DJ stand that holds 350 vinyl records
- Shinola unveils new limited edition Runwell Turntable that’s made by hand in Detroit
- The Wrensilva Standard Hi-Fi Console screams Mad Men style with modern day connectivity
- Mag-Lev Audio’s Levitating Turntable lets your vinyl float in the air as it plays
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links