Best Buy is offering $70 off Apple Watch Series 2 in a variety of styles, colors and models priced from $299. Free shipping is available across the board. Today’s deal is one of the strongest discounts that we’ve seen on Apple Watch Series 2, which has rarely been discounted since it was released. This makes for an excellent Mother’s Day gift. Or perhaps it’s just time to upgrade from your original model.
Apple Watch Series 2 features a number of upgrades over the original model, most notably bringing built-in GPS and water resistance to 50-meters. It also sports a new dual-core processor. You can count on iPhone notifications, heart rate monitoring and all of the features from the previous generation too.
You’ll want a new strap or band for your Apple Watch. Skip out on the pricey official models and go for some of our favorites for much less:
- Apple unveiled a slew of new Watch bands today, here are the best third-party alternatives
- Does this Nike+ look-alike Apple Watch Band live up to the hype?
- Are these third-party $11 Apple Watch Sport bands any good? Turns out, they aren’t too bad.
- At just $24, this Leather Loop Band for Apple Watch looks great and won’t break the bank
- Nomad’s Silicone Strap is the Apple Watch Sport Band that should’ve come from Cupertino
Built-in GPS. Water resistance to 50 meters. A new lightning-fast dual-core processor. And a display that’s two times brighter than before. Full of features that help you stay active, motivated, and connected, Apple Watch Series 2 is designed for all the ways you move. Apple Watch Series 2 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. It is also safe to wear it while showering or in a hot tub. However, Apple Watch Series 2 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links