Update: Added details on Alexa-focused deals announced on July 5th.
Amazon has officially announced that Prime Day will return this year on July 11th with new rotating deals every five minutes. To be more clear, it actually start on July 10th at 9PM ET for a grand total of 30 hours of deals. The 2017 event will mark the third year in a row that Amazon will deliver a wide-range of exclusive offers to its Prime members. This is essentially Amazon’s Black Friday in July event, so you can expect some of the best prices of the year on a massive selection of products.
Shoppers can count on more than 100,000 deals across across every product category imaginable. But if you’re not a subscriber to Amazon’s Prime service, there’s still time. Lock-in today so you’re prepared when the big day arrives. More details on what to expect on July 11th and a full press release can be found below.
Much like last year, there will be exclusive offers for Amazon Echo, Show and Dot owners that order via Alexa. There will also be pre-Prime discounts coming down the line all week leading up to Prime Day, as well.
This is our first official look at what we can expect on July 11th. Amazon promises “a big TV deal”, as well as deals on 20 of our the most shopped categories. As well, there will be a number of special promotions leading up to the big day on Prime services, such as Music Unlimited, Prime Video, Audible and more. Look for the deals to start piling in next week after July 4th.
As expected, Amazon will be offering a range of deals available via an Alexa-enabled device. We covered how to prepare for this in our Prime Day how-to guide. Today, Amazon officially announced which deals it would be highlighting on the big day through its smart speaker devices. As well, users ordering Prime through an Echo can save $20 on a Prime membership. Here’s a look at the Alexa-focused deals:
- Save $50 on Bose Soundlink Bluetooth speaker III – say, “Alexa, order Bose Soundlink three.”
- Save $20 on Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus 2nd Generation – works with Alexa – say, “Alexa, order Philips Lightstrip Plus.”
- Save $7 on Wemo Mini smart plug – say, “Alexa, order Wemo Mini Smart Plug.”
- Save $6 on Greenies dog treats, original flavor, 27 oz. – say, “Alexa, order Greenies dog treats.”
- Save 50% on Wickedly Prime Sweet n’ Cheesy Popcorn Mix – say, “Alexa, order Sweet and Cheesy Popcorn.”
- Save 35% on Haribo Gummi Bear 12-pack – say, “Alexa, order Haribo Gummi Bears.”
- Save 30% on Squatty Potty – say, “Alexa, order Squatty Potty.”
You’ll want to be sure that you’re following 9to5Toys on Twitter to ensure that you’re seeing the deals as soon as they pop-up.
Amazon Announces Third Annual Prime Day – 30 Hours, Hundreds of Thousands of Deals on July 11
“Our members love Prime Day and we have been thrilled by the response over the last two years. It is inspiring us to make it even better this year for Prime members,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “Every part of our business is working to deliver more deals for a record number of shoppers. This year’s Prime Day is too big for 24 hours – so we’re giving Prime members 30 hours to shop!”
New for Prime Day this Year
Prime Day 2017 is made especially for you – with personalization, deal watching and the fun of discovery across Prime and Amazon.
- 30 Hours to Shop – Prime Day will start at 6pm PT/9pm ET on Monday, July 10, giving Prime members 30 hours to shop.
- Explore Deals You’re Into – Find deals organized by more than 20 of the most-shopped-for themes. From pet lovers to gardeners and techies to artists – find your deals even faster.
- Voice Shopping – There will be even more Alexa-exclusive deals for members with an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, compatible Fire TV or Fire tablet.
- Watch A Deal – The Amazon App allows early deal watching in every country. Preview, track, and shop deals while at home or on-the-go with deal alerts on the Amazon App. Learn more at amazon.com/watched.
- Amazon Global Store – Prime members in China and Mexico will be able to shop both local deals as well as select deals from other countries from the Amazon Global Store.
- Amazon’s Big TV Deal – Prime Day will include amazing TV deals, with a variety of great brands including the all new Element 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition. Amazon is planning one of its largest total volume TV deals in history with a record level of inventory but once again, the TV deals will likely sell out.
Deals Start Now
Every day leading up to Prime Day on July 11 members will find all kinds of exclusive promotions and deals. The following start today:
- Amazon Music Unlimited – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get the best deal in Amazon Music history – four months of the full catalog on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs, for just $0.99.
- Prime Video – Get $10 to shop on Amazon.com anytime on or before Prime Day when you stream a video included in Prime for the first time on your TV. Restrictions apply. Stream award-winning and critically acclaimed Amazon Original Series and Movies as well as thousands of other popular titles included with your Prime membership.
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members can save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership. Enjoy unlimited reading from over one million titles on any device.
- Audible – Enjoy the world’s largest library of audiobooks plus original audio programming from Audible for 40% off your first 6 months (just $8.95/month for 6 months).
- Everyday Essentials – Prime members can save up to 35% off with onsite coupons on select food and household items in Prime Pantry.
The Grand Tour Season 2 Prime Day Sneak Peek
As a Prime Day exclusive, Amazon will reveal a brand new tease of The Grand Tour for Prime members. The new footage, which is the first look at any filming from the hugely anticipated second season, sees Jeremy, Richard and James in Mozambique, Switzerland and the U.K. Prime members will get this exclusive Prime Day sneak preview ahead of the full The Grand Tour season 2 launch later this year.
Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs on Prime Day
Prime Day 2016 was another record-breaking success for small businesses and entrepreneurs worldwide participating in the event. Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon offering deals to Prime members saw orders nearly triple year-over-year on Prime Day – both worldwide and in the U.S. And this year, there will be thousands of small businesses and entrepreneurs participating, representing nearly 40 percent of all Prime Day Lightning Deals. Feedback from small businesses and entrepreneurs includes:
- “Prime Day provides young brands like ours the opportunity to reach new customers and gain greater exposure through deals and increased traffic,” said Caron Proschan, Simply Gum. “We are really excited to offer customers our best deals of the year and expect to see a huge sales lift that will help us prepare for the upcoming holiday season.”
- “Prime Day last year was tremendous. We did 20 times our normal daily sales, it was simply amazing,” said Lawrence Bibi, Light Accents. “Prime Day gives us a peak sales day in the middle of the summer.”
Everyday Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Tens of millions of members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Audible Channels for Prime, Prime Reading, Prime Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First, and more. Plus, Prime members around the world can enjoy exclusive deal shopping on Prime Day. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 50 million items, Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 5,000 cities and towns, and two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/primeday.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links