Anyone thinking Sony will idly standby while Microsoft’s latest powerhouse Xbox One X console goes up for pre-order, is certainly mistaken. After Microsoft announced new details on its latest hardware offering along with a series of retailer listings going live, Sony took to Twitter this morning with a mysterious image and message…
The tweet reads “We’re getting geared up for the reveal of something new.”
Clearly something is on the horizon, but what that actually is remains a mystery. The tweet is accompanied by a short teaser video showing something covered in a shroud of mysterious red cloth. Your guess is as good as ours at this point. One thing we know for sure is that Sony doesn’t have anything scheduled for Gamescom this week, but that it will be conducting some kind of media showcase at Paris Games Week in late October.
One thing to note here is that it appears the tweet only came through the PlayStationUK account, which could point to some region specific bundle. But here’s to hoping it’s literally anything but that. Something about the timing is pointing towards some kind of PlayStation Pro bundle, or something along those lines, but it is to early to tell.
Here’s the tweet directly from Sony:
We will update this post if any further details are made available. In the mean time, here is everything you need to know about Xbox One X and even more news/products in the world of gaming down below:
More Gaming News, Updates and Deals:
- Xbox One X pre-orders are now live at Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, more!
- Hands-on with Colorware’s custom controllers for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PS4
- Nintendo unveils the new Splatoon 2 Switch bundle for North America
- Nintendo Switch Zelda Screen Protection & Skin Kit for under $17 Prime shipped
- Xbox One S 1TB Forza 3 Bundle + extra controller for $260 ($400+ value)
- Xbox Gift Cards now 10% off at Walmart, starting from just $4.50
- TEKKEN fighting game series comes to iOS and Android [Video]
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links