While CES is typically the time for new companies and startups to showcase up and coming releases, veteran companies take to the expo to show off new products as well. One such case is Monoprice, who today has unveiled a variety of new offerings from smart home accessories to 3D printers.
Most prominently, Monoprice is showcasing its new smart home accessories which range from smart plugs and energy monitors to color smart bulbs. The company is already one of the most well-known manufacturers of Z-Wave accessories on the market right now, and today’s additions will surely help diversify its already strong lineup.
The most eye-catching of the releases is the new Z-Wave Plus RGB Smart Bulb that sports 16 million color choices alongside Alexa and Google Assistant support at a $40 price point.
A more affordable dimmable light bulb joins the lineup as well with the same voice assistant capabilities, but at a lower $19 price tag. Two new smart plugs will be available as well and start at $30.
3D printers have been a big hit for Monoprice since their debut a few years ago. And today’s announcement bolsters the company’s offerings with 3 new models. With its Maker Select Mini V2 having grown to be one of the best-selling printers on the market, today’s releases focus more on the pro end.
Monoprice has also announced a few new premium audio devices with Monolith headphones, turntables and amplifiers. As the premium name would suggest, these high-end additions to Monoprice’s line-up come with the expected steep price tags.
The C Series Closed Back Planar Headphones start at $230 and if you’re really in the market for top-notch audio, the X Series Power Amplifiers go up to $1,600.
Rounding out Monoprice’s notable releases, they’ve also showcased a few new additions to its home office and computer gear. Recent MacBook Pro owners will now have another docking station option with the release of Monoprice’s $200 Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station. It adds all the ports you may be missing like additional USB ports, Ethernet, Display output and more, as well as power pass through.
A new $130 Sit-Stand Desk converter is available as well, that allows you to convert your old workstation into a healthy new standing one.
As of now, its unclear exactly when Monoprice’s new releases will hit its virtual store shelves, but the company claims that they should be shipping sometime in the first quarter of 2018.
Monoprice Announces New Offerings at CES 2018
The Ecommerce Leader Introduces the Latest in Affordable Smart Home, Audio, and Workstation Technology
Las Vegas, NV (Jan. 9, 2018) — Monoprice, a leading online retailer offering high-quality and affordably priced consumer electronics and accessories, today announced the latest additions to its leading 3D printing, Smart Home, Monolith, and Workspace categories. The suite of new products, ranging from high-tech workstations to headphone amplifiers, new cable and audio technologies and more, will be on display at The Venetian Las Vegas during the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
“Every year we look forward to CES to show the significant strides we’ve made in introducing some of the most pivotal new technology within product offerings that boldly disrupt industry price points, and this year is no different,” said Bernard Luthi, CEO at Monoprice. “Through our unique business model, we are able to give our customers the opportunity to access the hottest technologies at an affordable price, and we’re expanding our product offerings even further into the Smart Home, 3D Printing, and Audio spaces.”
Monoprice continues to defeat the unfair cost mark-up that has long plagued the consumer technology market, by delivering high-quality products across flourishing segments where consumer demand is rapidly growing. Its suite at The Venetian will feature numerous product stations built around the following product categories:
As homes of the present become increasingly more intelligent and connected, consumers seek products that offer automation and wireless control to create a truly smart ecosystem. Given this increase in demand, Monoprice has expanded its foray into the Smart Home category and disrupted the expensive price points of the marketplace. The company will showcase:
– Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug and Repeater ($32.99) – offers wireless remote control of lights and small appliances with built-in overload protection and 2 USB Ports.
– Z-Wave Plus RGB Smart Bulb ($39.99) – can be controlled wirelessly and offers over 16 million color choices; compatible with Alexa & Google Home.
– Wi-Fi Smart Dimmable LED Light Bulb ($18.99) – features on/off dimming with schedule timer; compatible with Alexa & Google Home.
– Wi-Fi Smart Plug w/ Energy Monitoring ($29.99) – features on/off control with real time energy reading; compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Building off of the success of the Maker Select Mini V2 – the No.1 selling 3D printer in the world – and Monoprice’s rapid ascent to the No.1 3D printing company worldwide, the brand is continuing to introduce new 3D printers to sustain its place as a category leader, with offerings priced dramatically below industry standards. The following printers will be on display:
– MP Delta Pro – dominates the category with a 270mm diameter x 300mm height build volume, and allows users to print up to 3 times faster with silent drivers, a touchscreen, auto leveling, and WiFi compatibility for remote management or print queuing.
– MP UV Resin 3D Printers – allows users to save time and money prototyping with efficient and easy-to-use UV Rapid Resin technology capable of printing at resolutions down to 30 micron, and producing details not possible with traditional FDM print methods.
- MP Select Mini V3 – the newest iteration of the best-selling 3D printer in the world, now featuring auto-leveling and touchscreen display.
Monoprice has grown its workstation offerings beyond just cables into affordable standing-desk and workspace solutions to fit modern lifestyles. The following products will be debuted during the show:
– Sit-Stand Workstation Desk Converters ($129.99 -$219.99) – smaller, thinner footprint while still providing a spacious work area. Comes in 31” and 36” sizes and also available in electric.
– Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station ($199.99) – designed for extra connectivity demands, is equipped with video output, additional USB ports, Ethernet networking, speaker and microphone and Power Delivery charging.
– Thunderbolt 3 Dual Video Adapters ($19.99- $54.99) – quickly view and edit photos and video on a notebook while simultaneously connected to two 4K 60 Hz displays (or one 5K display).
Over the past two years, Monoprice has grown its premium audio category to offer audiophile products without the deep cost that usually accompanies great sound. This year, the brand continues to expand its amplifier selection and introduces several new types of products to its Monolith line, on display in The Venetian:
– Monolith X Series Power Amplifiers ($1099.99-$1599.99) – after tremendous feedback from the Monoprice community, the Monolith series amplifier line will now feature balanced XLR inputs bringing the line to a whole new level of performance.
– Monolith C Series Closed Back Planar Headphones ($229.99-$329.99) – closed-back versions of the best-selling M1060 and M565 with the signature sound of planar headphones: low distortion, quick transients, and fantastic imaging.
– Monolith Tube Headphone Amplifier ($399.99) – breathes new life into your music and powers even the most demanding headphones through a massive vacuum tube and ESS Sabre DAC.
– Monolith Turntable ($249.99) – premium components and construction combine for a pure analog, warm listening experience that brings out the best in vinyl through a balanced straight tone arm that utilizes the AT100E dual moving magnet phono cartridge.
Monoprice continues to expand its new home appliance line with offerings significantly more affordable than cutting-edge products on the market. Upcoming products include humidifiers, toaster ovens, and the Pro Blender ($149.99) which has 1450W, 10 power settings, and LED display.
For over 15 years, Monoprice has continued to be a go-to for trusted, inexpensive cables with lifetime warrantees. This year at CES, the company sustains this legacy with its latest update of HDMI cables with Slim Ultra High Speed HDMI Cables that are certified, support the 48G bandwidth for uncompressed HDMI 2.1 and low EMI emission.
Monoprice’s new offerings will start shipping in Q1 and throughout 2018. If interested in scheduling an executive meeting or product demonstration, please contact Monoprice@HavasFormula.com or call 781.771.0436.
For more information about Monoprice and its category offerings, please visit www.Monoprice.com.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.