Over the past few years, some of the most notable LEGO releases have been from the Technic line of sets. Aside from a few outliers like the UCS Millennium Falcon and the Taj Mahal, if you’ve been looking to pick up the most massive kits you can, odds are you’d opt for one of the many Technic vehicles.
Back at the end of January, LEGO teased the eventual release of its latest Technic kit, the Bugatti Chiron, and now we’ve finally gotten the full scope. Stacking up to just under 3,600 pieces, the massive brick-built recreation of the famous super sports a slick blue exterior and plenty of details.
When we first got word that LEGO would be teaming up with Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. back at the beginning of the year, there wasn’t in the way of details on what their combined efforts would result in. Aside from the fact that the newest Technic set would be of the iconic Bugatti Chiron and that it would be comprised of 3,599 pieces, other pricing and availability information were scarce to come by. Today LEGO has changed that, fully releasing all of the details on one of Bugatti’s finest automobiles.
LEGO and Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. have chosen to recreate the Bugatti Chiron in a 1:8 scale, meaning the replica has plenty of room for details and other incorporated features. The LEGO vehicle measures in at over 22-inches long, 9-inches wide and 5-inches tall.
One of the main feats of the build that LEGO prides itself on is how well it was able to nail the Bugatti Chiron’s unique curves and aerodynamic bodywork. Wrapped in a sleek two-tone blue exterior, the car also manages to include the ride’s signature at vie rear wing, spoked tires and more.
Looking into the supercar, you’ll find fully detailed cockpit complete with a movable paddle gearshift, functional steering wheel bearing the iconic Bugatti emblem and other features straight out of its inspiration. Popping the hood showcases the Chiron’s W16 engine which sports moving pistons that are tied to the car’s drivetrain.
One of the more Bugatti-inspired additions to the new set is that each model of the Chiron comes personalized with its own unique serial number.
Rounding out the set, the Bugatti Chiron also includes a ’coffee table’ style collectors booklet in the same style as many of the UCS Star Wars kits. Mainly serving as the model’s instruments, it also incorporates sections which detail the inspiration behind the design with series of nine exclusive podcasts featuring Bugatti and LEGO experts.
For fans of Bugatti and LEGO alike, the new Chiron supercar will be available for purchase later today online and from LEGO stores. It retails for $349.99, coming in at a really solid price per part ratio. As someone who isn’t typically a fan of cars or even the Technic line of kits, I find the Bugatti Chiron to be as well-priced as it is impressive. So while parking the famous super in your garage may run you over $3 million, I think I’ll stick with the budget friendly option for now.
Discover the Bugatti Chiron!
Build, experience and display this quintessential super sports car, featuring aerodynamic bodywork with an active rear wing, spoked rims with low-profile tires, and a detailed cockpit with movable paddle gearshift.
Celebrate innovative engineering and design from one of the world’s most prestigious carmanufacturers with this magnificent LEGO® Technic 42083 Bugatti Chiron model. Developed in partnership with Bugatti, the model captures the magic of the iconic supercar with its gleaming aerodynamic bodywork, logoed spoked rims with low-profile tires, detailed brake discs andW16 engine with moving pistons. Open the doors and you’ll discover an elaborate cockpit,featuring a Technic 8-speed gearbox with movable paddle gearshift and a steering wheel bearing the Bugatti emblem. Insert the top speed key to switch the active rear wing from handling to top speed position or lift the hood to reveal a unique serial number and a storage compartment containing a stylish Bugatti overnight bag. A classic Bugatti duo-tone blue colorscheme reflects the brand’s signature color, and a set of cool stickers for additional detailingadds the final touch to this exclusive model! The set is delivered in luxurious box packaging andincludes a color collector’s booklet with comprehensive building instructions
- Exclusive 1:8 scale LEGO® Bugatti Chiron replica model with a wealth of luxurious features, including aerodynamic bodywork with an active rear wing, spoked rims with low-profile tires, detailed brake discs and a W16 engine with moving pistons.
- Open the doors to access the detailed cockpit featuring a LEGO® Technic 8-speed gearbox with movable paddle gearshift and a steering wheel bearing the Bugatti emblem.
- Insert the top speed key to switch the active rear wing from handling to top speed position.
- Lift the hood to access a compact storage compartment containing a stylish Bugatti overnight bag.
Confidential Page 1 5/30/2018
- Check out the detailed W16 engine with moving pistons.
- Includes a unique serial number located beneath the hood.
- Comes with a classic Bugatti duo-tone blue color scheme that reflects the brand’ssignature color, plus a set of cool stickers for additional detailing.
- Delivered in luxurious box packaging.
- Includes a color collector’s booklet with comprehensive building instructions.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding buildingexperience.
- Bugatti Chiron measures over 5” (14cm) high, 22” (56cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.