While previously Prime Pantry was rolled into a traditional Prime subscription, albeit with additional fees, the new model leans on a $5 monthly recurring payment to enjoy these perks. So what exactly is Prime Pantry? Do you need it? We’ll walk you through it down below.
What is Prime Pantry? |
Prime Pantry is Amazon’s solution to grocery shopping, something that’s grown in leaps and bounds in recent years aided by the acquisition of Whole Foods. While traditional perishable items aren’t included, just about every other category you’d find at the local market is. Food and beverages are natural inclusions but you’ll also find a wide selection of cleaning supplies, too.
Amazon has designed Prime Pantry as a way to ship multiple small or lightweight items in bulk that would otherwise call for additional delivery fees. By filling up your virtual shopping cart, Amazon is able to avoid raising the cost.
How much does Prime Pantry cost? |
Last week Amazon introduced a new subscription model for Prime Pantry. The $4.99 per month fee delivers “free” shipping on orders over $40. Failing to hit that mark incurs a $8 addition to your order.
At the time of this writing, Amazon is offering a $5 off coupon on orders of $40+. Just apply code PANTRY5 at checkout to save.
How do I maximize my Prime Pantry subscription? |
That’s a great question. Prime Pantry is most valuable when buying multiple items and hitting that magical $40 threshold. Often Amazon has additional coupons available on various items, which can further maximize your discount.
In my experience, I like to slowly add items to my Prime Pantry box throughout the month until it’s time to order. My wife and I will toss in various groceries as we need them and once the $40 minimum is hit, we send it our way. The problem that you’ll occasionally run into is needing an item in the moment, before your Amazon Prime Pantry is ready. Sometimes you just have to run to the grocery store, but if you can anticipate any needs and order ahead of time, you’ll be in great shape.
Are you a Prime Pantry subscriber? What are your favorite way to maximize this service. Let me know in the comments below.
Prime Pantry Terms and Conditions
- This is a limited time offer.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.00.
- You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional code. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional code.
- Promotional code only applies to orders placed through Prime Pantry.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.