Fresh off of debuting its newest line of sets, LEGO is back with another release. This time making the jump into the Hyperspace towards a galaxy far, far away, we’re getting a new Star Wars set just in time for the holidays. The new Amazon-exclusive set, Darth Vader’s Castle, stacks up to over 1,000 pieces and showcases the Sith Lord’s base of operations on Mustafar. Head below for more info and to find out how you can get your hands on the upcoming kit.
It has been quite some time since LEGO debuted a new kit centering around the volcanic planet. In 2012 there was Anakin’s Jedi Interceptor which included some Mustafar-themed minifigures and accessories. Now for its most recent release, LEGO is journeying to Vader’s mysterious stronghold.
With 1,060 pieces, this is one of the larger Star Wars kits that we’ve seen in 2018. It doesn’t have as high of a part count as the Kessel Run Millennium Falcon or Sandcrawler, but may be one of the largest builds this year as it stands over 16-inches tall and over 11-inches wide.
The castle is comprised of four main floors. On the ground level you’ll find a hanger area for Darth Vader’s included Tie Fighter. Right above it there is a there a bacta tank for healing the Sith Lord. On the third floor sits the iconic meditation chamber alongside a holographic communication unit, which makes great use of a transparent microfig. Lastly there’s a room for a defensive stud-shooter cannon.
Five different miniatures are included in the set, including two of the menacing Vader. There’s the normal battle-ready fig as well as a damaged version to place in the bacta tank. Otherwise you’ll find two Royal Guads and an Imperial Transport Pilot.
The new LEGO Darth Vader’s Castle will retail for $130 and will be available starting tomorrow, October 4th, for preorder over on Amazon. It’ll be releasing sometime in the holiday season, though no actual date has been specified yet. This will be one of the first times in while that LEGO has forgone its own web store in factor of another retailer.
All-in-all, I am a big fan of the set. Its price to part count isn’t fantastic, but that’s what you can expect from Star Wars releases. There are some nice play features and the details built into the castle’s facade are going to look great up on display.
- Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader, Darth Vader (bacta tank), 2 Royal Guards and an Imperial Transport Pilot.Features Darth Vader’s Castle and a buildable version of Vader’s TIE Advanced Fighter.
- Underground hangar with mouse droid and docking station, ancient Sith shrine with holocron, racks for extra ammunition, Sith relics, secret compartments hiding a lightsaber handle and a red kyber crystal element, plus space for Vader’s TIE Advanced Fighter.
- Castle also features a side access door, opening bacta tank, a hook for Lord Vader’scape, meditation chamber with space for a minifigure and holographic communication unit, plus a circular meeting area at the top with a defensive stud-shooter cannon.
- TIE Advanced Fighter features 2 stud shooters and an opening minifigure cockpit.
- Weapons include Darth Vader’s red lightsaber, the Imperial Transport Pilot’s blaster pistol and the Royal Guards’ Force pikes.
- Darth Vader’s Castle Star Wars building set measures over 16” (41cm) high, 11”(28cm) wide and 9” (23cm) deep.
- TIE Advanced Fighter measures over 2” (6cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 3” (9cm) long.