Amazon offers its AmazonBasics Xbox One Controller Battery Charger for $12.26 Prime shipped. For comparison, it typically sells for around $20 and has previously gone as low as $11.50. This nifty add-on for Xbox One brings a controller battery pack charger to your console, making it easy to juice up your gear when not in use. It even has a USB pass-through port with power and data transfer, so you’re not giving up precious I/O. Ships with a one-year warranty. Rated 4.4/5 stars.
Today’s $12 price tag is about as good as it gets for Xbox One controller recharging systems. The official Play and Charge kit sells for $24 and PowerA offers its own alternative for $15. No matter, a rechargeable battery pack for your Xbox One controller is a must. If you want to really take it to the next-level, go for Panasonic’s eneloop rechargeable batteries. This is my preferred route for keeping gaming gear powered up.
AmazonBasics Xbox One Battery Charger features:
- Controller battery-pack charger for Xbox One (S Model); includes 2 1200 mAh NiMH battery packs for Xbox One controllers
- Connects to front corner of Xbox One console via USB connection; no power cord needed; takes up minimal space (unlike a charging stand)
- Can charge 2 Xbox One controller battery packs simultaneously; LED “ready” indicator light for each charging compartment
- USB data and power pass-through port—plug in a controller or other device and keep playing while charging the batteries
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links