Update (4/23 3:40pm): Apple has officially named djay 2 as its Free App of the Week.
Whether you’re a professional DJ or just enjoy spinning for your backyard parties, we’ve got a serious price drop on a very popular app today. For the first time since it’s release, iPad has gone free, it regularly goes for $10. djay 2 for iPhone has also dropped its price to free, for just the second time (Reg. $3).
This full-featured DJ app puts users in complete control of the party with integrated support for Spotify and iTunes, enabling users to spin the latest hits anywhere. All you need to do is hook up your device to a sound system and djay 2 will enable you to perform live, create and record mixes or simply sit back and the let the app do the work for you.
djay 2 brings life to the party with a number of included audio effects with additional in-app purchases adding more custom mixing options. Not only is the feature list long, this app has all the connectivity and interface abilities that professionals would hope for. Bluetooth and AirPlay remove the need for a wired setup while popular MIDI controllers from Pioneer, Philips and many more are supported. Algoriddim has partnered with other companies to create hardware specifically designed for the djay 2 app that will help get you started.
Head over to our daily games and apps roundup for the latest deals on iOS, Android and consoles.
The #1 DJ App, now with Spotify integration!
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 – the next generation of the world’s best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you’re serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim’s djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• “djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes.” — iMore
• “One of the most impressive music apps we’ve seen for the iPad to date.” — Engadget
• “Yes, this is the future, and it’s here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad.
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPad Air or iPad mini with Retina display, or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus (iTunes only)
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, DDJ-WeGO2, DDJ-WeGO3, DDJ-ERGO, Vestax Spin 2, Numark iDJ Pro, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links