There is a wide selection of MFi game controllers out there, most of which enhance many of the games we play everyday on our iOS devices. For some gamers out there, those soft controls just don’t cut it. After Apple dropped the details on this year’s hardware lineup (and more) yesterday, it looks like Gamevice will be one of the first out of the gate with its upcoming iPhone 6s and iPad Air controllers:
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
Much like its already available controller for iPad mini, the new Gamevice iPhone 6 and iPad Air series gamepads will essentially open up to snap onto either end of your device. In terms of design, they work similar to the now $9 iPhone 5 series Logitech Powershell. You can expect all the usual fixings here, including 4 face buttons, dual bumper/trigger shoulder buttons, a D-pad and dual analog sticks. Both models will pack in additional battery power via your Lightning port.
The iPhone 6 series controller will work with the new iPhone 6s and last year’s models. Both iPad Air 1 and 2 will slide nicely into the Air series. Just like the iPad mini version, all three will sell for $99.99, but you’ll have to wait until later this year for the new iPhone 6 and iPad Air options (“Q4” and October respectively).
If the snap-on style doesn’t appeal to you, be sure to check out the new Steelseries Nimbus.
Remember, you can get all the best iOS deals in our daily roundups:
- Pokémon Go brings the game to real life on iOS and Android with new wearable device
- Radiation Island for iOS goes free for the first time as IGN’s Game of the Month ($3 value)
- Minecraft: Story Mode gets a release date as pre-orders ramp up
- PlayStation 20th anniversary sale up to 80% off: Ni No Kuni from $6, Final Fantasy Realm Reborn from $10, more
- Apple Productivity App Sale: PDF Expert 5 $5, Fantastical 2, Printer Pro & Workflow $3 ea, more
- 1Password secure password manager for Mac: $35 or $28 w/ .edu (Reg. $50)
- …and even more…
More New Toys of the Day:
- Jawbone reformulates its UP2 fitness tracker with a new fashion-forward design
- The Raspberry Pi touchscreen display we’ve been waiting for is now available
- Parrot’s new Zik 3 Wireless Headphones look like a crocodile with inductive charging
- Sphero brought the BB-8 Droid from Star Wars to life and we all want it
- Polaroid’s latest pocket-sized Snap cam instantly prints photos with no ink