Today, Amazon is introducing a new way to pay for its Prime members, and the best part is, you’ll even earn a little extra dough for opting in. What Prime Reload effectively allows you to do is transfer money right into your Amazon account for spending later. So rather than using a credit card for Amazon purchases, you can utilize your existing funds.
Now if you’re not sold on what the service provides on its own, Amazon has something to help sweeten the pot. In exchange for trying out its new initiative and helping Amazon cut payments to credit card companies, it’ll give you 2% back every time you load money into your account.
Getting started is pretty easy, one of the only caveats being that you’ll have to be enrolled as a Prime member. Otherwise, there will be some personal payment information you have to enter like your bank account and routing number, debit card info and finally your driver’s license number.
For those who rely on Amazon for their regular supply of snacks, home goods, tech and other purchases, this seems like a no-brainer. After-all, every bit of savings helps and while 2% isn’t a lot, but over time that adds up to some notable savings. What’s even better is right now, Amazon is offering a free $10 credit for loading $20 into your Amazon Cash balance.
In order to qualify for this limited time offer, you must: (1) be a Prime Member, and (2) reload your own Amazon.com Gift Card Balance associated with the Amazon.com account to which you are currently logged in using your checking account and linked debit card
• This is a limited time offer and good while supplies last.
• The offer only applies to reloads of your own Amazon Balance.
• For qualifying transactions, a reward equal to 2% of your qualifying reload amount will be automatically applied in the next 24-48 hours to your Amazon Balance after the qualifying transaction has been completed. *You must reload your Amazon Balance using the payment method that includes a checking account and linked debit card.
• You authorize Amazon to charge either your checking account or your debit card for reloads.
• The maximum single reload amount to your Amazon Balance may not exceed $2,000.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.