Along with companies like OtterBox and Lifeproof, Pelican is one of those brands that is synonymous with rugged durability and protection. It has just launched its new lineup of “high-performance” cases today for iPhone 8/Plus along with the iPhone X exclusive Pelican Shield…
The new Voyager, Adventurer, Protector, Ambassador and Interceptor variants are available for all three of Apple’s latest edition smartphones, while the new Shield is for iPhone X only. All of today’s new options are backed by Pelican Products’ “legendary” lifetime guarantee of excellence.
Clearly, Pelican cases are for those looking for extra protection, above and beyond your average leather cover. But it is nice to see some options in the lineup with a slightly more casual look to them while still carrying Pelican’s lifetime guarantee and reputation in the protect my $1,000 iPhone please business.
On the opposite end of that particular spectrum is the DuPont Kevlar backing Pelican Shield for iPhone X. It wraps your investment in 5 protective layers with “reinforced” corners. According to Pelican, this case case is made of materials that are 8-times stronger than steel wiring and provide drop protection 3-times better than military testing standards. It only comes in black and includes screen protection “against impact and abrasion.”
Easy access port covers provide an integrated layer of extra protection against the elements while still allowing all your phone’s features to remain fully operational. Yes, we put the Pelican Shield through the paces for quality assurance you can count on and then backed it with Pelican’s legendary lifetime guarantee: You break it, we replace it…forever.
It is currently up for pre-order at $59.99 and will ship before October 27th. The same goes for the rest of the iPhone X lineup, while the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus (also backwards with iPhone 7/Plus) are listed as shipping on September 22nd and start at $40. You can browse through everything right here.
Here is a break down of each of the new models from Pelican:
- Shield: Contains Kevlar Brand Fibers. Maximum Protection for Rougher Lifestyles.
- Voyager: Rigid Case and Holster-Easel for Ultimate Protection.
- Adventurer: Force Impact Technology Absorbs High-Impact. Drop Tested.
- Protector: Dual-Layer Case Absorbs Shock. Drop Tested.
- Ambassador: Military Grade Drop Protection with a Dual-Beveled Edge and Durable Finish, for Urban Lifestyles.
- Interceptor: Glass Screen Protector. Ultimate Protection from Cracks and Scratches.
- iPhone 8/Plus/X cases from Ringke in a variety of styles under $4
- Best Qi Wireless Chargers for new iPhone 8/Plus and X
- Belkin and Mophie unveil new iPhone 8/Plus/X Qi wireless charging solutions
- Skip the iPhone X price tag, grab a cert. refurb iPhone 7/Plus 128GB from $560
- T-Mobile announces $300 trade-in offer towards new iPhone 8/Plus/X
- Take a look at this $70K solid gold Lux iPhone X + more
- Apple’s official iPhone 7 Leather Cases now down to $30
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links