We have seen a number of amazing new kits from LEGO the past couple months including some from Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Rey and Kylo Ren BrickHeadz and most recently the LEGO Ideas Tron Legacy Light Cycle. Before that we caught a massive re-release of the 6,000-piece Taj Mahal, but now it’s time to feast our eyes on the latest LEGO Creator Expert set…
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
The LEGO Creator Expert line features a number of kits designed to stand side-by-side to create an entire city-block. Along with the already available Detective’s Office, Brick Bank, Assembly Square, Corner Deli, Palace Cinema and more, LEGO has now unveiled the new Downtown Diner kit.
This is 2,480 pieces of 1950’s LEGO brilliance. And the three-story building is much more than a diner. Inside you’ll find complete interiors of the diner itself, a recording studio and even a gym. Everything looks incredibly detailed here with a boxing ring and punching bag on the middle floor along with a full recording studio and mixing desk on the upper-level. In the diner itself you’ll find a curved front window, red bar stools, the expected jukebox, countertop/bar and a full kitchen.
There are six minifigures in total along with that sweet pink Cadillac Eldorado parked out front. You’ll find a rock star, manager, bodybuilder, chef, waitress and boxer with boxing glove hands. Some of them even come with a pair of facial expression options.
Here are some more interesting highlights straight from LEGO:
- Open the skylight and eavesdrop on the making of a hit album.
- Accessory elements include roller skates, guitar, golden record award and a buildable barbell.
- Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.
- New decorated elements include a decorated door, album cover, lots of teal-colored and pink-colored elements, and a dual-face minifigure with singing and smiling expressions.
- Special elements include new flower stalks and flower heads, plus 1×3 ‘jumper’ plates, 2×2 plate with 2 studs and a minifigure torso with boxing gloves.
The new Modular Building Series 10260 Downtown Diner Expert Kit will be released on January 1st, 2018. It will run you $169.99 when it becomes available, which is basically on par with other similarly sized sets in this line.
The facade of the building features pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling with a large ‘DINER’ sign. Other external features include arched windows, balconies and a staircase, plus a pink convertible car and a detailed sidewalk, complete with mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and a streetlamp. This incredible collectible toy has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm. Includes 6 minifigures.