Harman Kardon offers the AKG K141 MKII Studio-grade Over-Ear Headphones for $69.95 shipped. Originally $139, these headphones still go for that much at Amazon. This is the best that we’ve tracked by $12. Features include a semi-open design, leather and velvet ear pads, and various cable lengths. Rated 4.2/5 stars.
AKG K141 Headphones feature:
- On-ear, semi-open design for solid base and airy highs
- Optimized for single-ear use keeps the familiar sound and makes intonation easier
- Patented Varimotion 30mm XXL transducer for accurate signal transfer and great dynamic range
- Leatherette and velvet ear pads for maximum wearing comfort
- Self-adjusting headband for optimum fit and ease of use
The AKG K141 MKII phones include a detachable 10′ straight cable and a 16′ coiled cable. The detachable OFC cables have gold-plated plugs for years of loss-free signal transfer. They offer a frequency range from 18Hz to 24kHz, and are designed for long-term use.