For the past few weeks, it seems like all anyone has been talking about has been the release of Infinity War. And if the latest assemblage of Avengers wasn’t enough for you, Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp is slated to hit theaters come July. Today, LEGO announced that it would be getting in on the hype with the release of a new kit from the film.
As the latest kit to join Marvel’s Super Heroes line of LEGO sets, the Quantum Realm Explorers set stacks up to 200 pieces and includes three minifigures, one of which is exclusive to the build.
Headlining today’s release are the three titular minifigures, Ant-Man, The Wasp and Ghost. The first two characters have made their way to the LEGO lineup over the past few years, but the third of which is an all-new figure exclusive to today’s set.
The main component of the newly-announced kit is the brick-built Quantum Vehicle. Stacking up to just over five inches long and three inches wide, the vehicle is on the smaller end. But given the price and part count of the kit, it packs an impressive amount of detail. Most notably, there are a few new printed elements like transparent cockpit pieces and more.
The new kit is scheduled to hit store shelves on June 1st at a $19.99 retail price. With 200 pieces and an all-new set-exclusive minifigures, this enters the lineup of Marvel sets as one of the most worthwhile. Typically, licensed sets demand a higher cost for fewer pieces, but LEGO has managed to keep this one right at the standard $0.10 per part ratio we typically hope for.
Back when Ant-Man hit the silver screen back in 2015, LEGO only released a single kit to go alongside the heroes’ introduction into the Marvel universe. With today’s announcement only packing a single kit, odds are high that this will be the only Ant-Man and the Wasp set we’ll see. Regardless of if more kits are on the way, LEGO has done a great job packing all of the details they did into such a small model. And at its $20 price point, I’ll surely be picking this up come summer.
Fly into action against Ghost with Ant-Man’s Quantum Vehicle and The Wasp with this LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 76109 Quantum Realm Explorers set. The Quantum Vehicle features an opening, bug-eye- shaped minifigure cockpit, adjustable insect arms, stud shooters and adjustable engines for launch, hover and flight modes. This set includes 3 minifigures and a gold-colored trophy element.
- Includes 3 LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes minifigures: Ant-Man, The Wasp and Ghost.
- Quantum Vehicle features a bug-eye-shaped, opening minifigure cockpit, 2 adjustable insect arms, 2 stud shooters, 2 adjustable engines and 3 mufflers.
- Adjust the engines for launch, flight and hover modes.
- Weapons include Ant-Man’s Shrink Gun and Ghost’s 2 Power Blasts.
- Accessory elements include a gold-colored trophy and the Wasp’s wings.
- Ghost minifigure is new for June 2018.
- Recreate thrilling scenes from the Marvel Super Heroes Ant-Man and the Wasp movie.
- Quantum Vehicle measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.