When it comes to smart home products, many use Z-Wave and Monoprice is one of the most well-known names in the game. Now the company is looking to further expand its line of home automation gear with the launch of STITCH, a series of consumer-friendly sensors and accessories that are geared towards those just dipping their toes into smart home tech.
Since entering the home automation market, Monoprice has mainly focused on Z-Wave accessories. Rather than continue to emphasize the more professional market, the company’s latest line of devices, deemed STITCH, look to make smart home tech more accessible than ever.
All of the new accessories and sensors are standalone devices; they work without a hub and connect directly to your home’s Wi-Fi network. Monoprice has covered a pretty wide range of use-cases with its release of STITCH, having everything from common smart plugs to siren alarms and more. All of the new devices include:
- Wireless Smart LED Light Bulb
- Wireless Smart Door/Window Sensor
- Wireless Smart Plug Wall Outlet
- Wireless Smart In-Wall Outlet
- Wireless Smart Power Strip
- Wireless Smart Siren Alarm
For many, hub-less devices are definitely the way to go when starting out with smart home tech, as LIFX smart bulbs are extremely popular for this very reason. One downside here though is that it presents the challenge of integrating these devices into Z-Wave systems. Monoprice may decide against this, but having devices that work by themselves or with an existing system will make them no-brainers for those looking to upgrade down the line.
At launch, the line of devices will be able to be controlled and monitored through either the companion iOS and Android app, or through IFTTT. Both Alexa and Google Assistant support will be available from the get-go as well.
Many of Monoprice’s new offerings are already available for purchase. The $14 Light Bulb, $30 Door/Window Sensor and $30 Wall Outlet can be picked up direct from Monoprice. Three of the companies devices will be launching later this year, with the $29 In-Wall Outlet’s debut coming in September and the $23 Siren Alarm coming in December. As of now, the $33 Power Strip will be arriving shortly, but no date has been given yet.
With both casual and more in-depth ends of the market covered, STITCH’s launch puts Monoprice in an excellent position to grow its smart home division. Assuming that the company continues working on the devices’ integrations, STITCH may prove to be the perfect way to ease new adopters into a full-blown Z-Wave smart home. We’ll be getting our hands on many of the new accessories in the coming weeks, so expect a review in the near future.
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif., Aug. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — In a recent trend report by Crimson Hexagon, researchers found that consumer sentiments towards smart home technology are trending positively, but many are still discouraged by high costs. Today, Monoprice, a leading online retailer of high-quality, affordable consumer electronics, is disrupting the marketplace once again with the launch of STITCH, a contemporary smart home line aimed at enhancing consumers’ daily lives. The new products will be available for purchase now, releasing throughout the remainder of the year. Additionally, the brand is releasing the STITCH app (available on iTunes and Google Play), an Amazon Alexa and Google Home compatible integrated app that allow consumers to control all their smart home devices in one place.
“While a wider audience has begun to adopt smart home technology over the last few years, many are still hesitant to purchase anything given the price tags remain steep,” said Bernard Luthi, CEO at Monoprice. “Innovative, sleek and affordable, STITCH gives everyone the opportunity to have a smarter and safer home. This new line provides our customers with all their smart home needs, whether it’s elevating security or streamlining product use for efficiency.”
When designing the line, Monoprice kept ease of installation in mind, as more than half (52 percent) of consumers prefer to install their own smart technology products—an increase from 45 percent in 2015*. All products in the STITCH line are simple to install, can be used standalone and require no hub. From smart sensors to wall outlets, the items can be voice-activated through Amazon Alexa and Google Home, effortlessly fitting into existing security systems or home settings. Furthermore, the STITCH app offers a timer or schedule to turn devices on or off at particular times of the day, saving energy and keeping homes looking occupied when residents are away.
Leveraging its technology expertise and heritage to disrupt lifestyle categories in a bold new way, Monoprice has seen great success with its various launches. The brand recently launched the Carbon Collection, a home décor line with sophisticated products, and entered the home appliances category with its Strata Home line last year. In 2016, Monoprice broke through the outdoor and cycling sector with its Pure Outdoor suite of products. With the launch of STITCH, Monoprice is focused on continuing its position as the category leader for consumers looking for the latest and most affordable products within the home.
A few products in the STITCH line include:
- Wireless Smart Door/Window Sensor ($29.99; $56.99 for 2-pack) – The sensor detects when a door or window is open and sends an instant notification directly to a mobile device whenever there is a change. It works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Available now.
- Wireless Smart Motion Sensor ($29.90) – The sensor detects whenever there is motion or vibration, sending an instant notification directly to a mobile device. Available now.
- Wireless Smart Water Sensor ($25.99) – This flood sensor with extended probe detects whenever there is a flood or water leak and sends an instant mobile notification. Monitor this from anywhere in the world with a wireless connection. Available now.
- Wireless Smart Plug Wall Outlet ($29.99) – This outlet has two controlled receptacles, two controlled USB ports, and a night light that works with Alexa and Google Home. Available for purchase end of September.
- Wireless Smart In-Wall Outlet ($28.99) – Two controlled outlets and two controlled USB port options will power appliances, or charge mobile devices and tablets. Include it to a network to fit into the Smart Home ecosystem and IFTTT to perform preprogrammed tasks. It also works with Alexa and Google Home. Available for purchase end of September.
- Wireless Smart Power Strip ($32.99) – The power strip has four individually controlled outlets and two USB ports to power additional devices. Also compatible with Alexa and Google Home. Available for purchase in October.
- Wireless Smart Siren Alarm ($22.99) – This loud siren panic alarm deters suspicious activities. Once connected to the STITCH app, it allows a timer to sound the siren at any particular times of the day. Available for purchase in December.
For more information about Monoprice and all of its category offerings, please visit www.Monoprice.com.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links