Holiday shopping is coming to a close and retailers are beginning to send out notices that free shipping windows are also closing. In case you missed it, earlier this week we put together an all-encompassing guide of which retailers offer in-store pickup and other key dates in the lead up to Christmas. This morning, Amazon has announced its official plans for the next 11 days including expanded free shipping and one-day delivery on Christmas Eve. Head below for full details.
Amazon free shipping promotion extended
Back in the beginning of November, Amazon announced that it would be offering free shipping throughout the holiday season. At the time, details of when this promotion would end were rather unclear. Today, Amazon has officially unveiled a calendar that clearly details the remaining shipping deadlines for December.
Alongside that bit of news, Amazon is pushing its Prime Now same-day delivery services for late shoppers on December 24th in 30 metro areas, along with Whole Foods and its retail bookstore locations.
Here’s a full look at the remaining shipping windows:
- Dec. 18 (extended): Last day for free shipping with no minimum purchase amount, free for all customers
- Dec. 18: Last day for standard shipping, free for Prime members
- Dec. 22: Last day for two-day shipping, free for Prime members
- Dec. 23: Last day for one-day shipping, free for Prime members in eligible areas
- Dec. 24: Last day for same-day delivery, free for Prime members in eligible areas (order by 9:30 a.m. local time or earlier)
- Dec. 24: Prime Now offers free two-hour delivery windows, reserved exclusively for Prime members in eligible areas (order by 9:15 p.m. local time or earlier)
- Dec. 24: Whole Foods Market stores, Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, Amazon Pop-up device kiosks open Christmas Eve (store hours vary by location)
- Dec. 25: Give the gift that keeps on giving – Amazon Gift Cards and Amazon Prime
Amazon pushes digital gifts for last minute shoppers
As expected, Amazon is also making note to last-minute shoppers that there are plenty of ways to give digitally. If you find yourself in a tough spot come December 24 or 25th, a few easy gift ideas include a Prime membership or Amazon gift card.
Of course, Amazon credit can then be used on any number of gift ideas at the online retailer. To be honest, maybe that’s what most people want anyway. Regardless, there is still plenty of time left to make the most of your holiday shopping experience and Amazon has done a nice job this morning of clearing up those always-confusing end-of-holiday shipping windows.