Newegg has the Samsung 850 Pro-Series 2.5-inch 512GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (MZ-7KE512BW) for $379.99. But using code GWFS30W in the cart drops the total down to $303.99 plus $0.99 shipping. That’s $96 under the original listing, $46 under Amazon, and the lowest we can find on the newest Pro series 512GB model.
- Features sequential read and write performance up to 550 megabytes per second (MB/s) and 520MB/s respectively
- Class-leading performance — enables you to boot up your computer in as little as 15 seconds
- Energy efficient – Features Device Sleep mode for Ultranotebooks and improves battery life by up to 45 minutes vs. standard hard drives
- Enhanced endurance and reliability – Backed by an industry-leading 10-year limited warranty and 150TBW rating
- Perfect for hardcore gamers, mobile users or content creators (like professional animators, video editors, photographers and game developers) who crave the ultimate in performance and productivity
So far the 850 Pro series has a 4.8/5 star rating from Amazon customers.
For those who don’t necessarily need the latest and greatest SSD tech, the extremely popular 840 series will also do the trick at a much more affordable price. For more details on the updated 850 Pro series, head over to our release announcement post. If you’re looking to use this speedy 2.5-inch SSD in a 3.5-inch bay slot, the $8 Silverstone bay converters have received 4.5/5 star rating from over 1,000 customers.
More from Samsung:
Samsung’s flash memory is fabricated using an innovative 3D V-NAND architecture, which stacks 32 cell layers on top of one another rather than trying to decrease the cells’ length and width to fit today’s shrinking form factors. The result is higher density and higher performance using a smaller footprint and a breakthrough in overcoming the density limits of conventional planar NAND architecture.
Powered by Samsung’s cutting-edge 3D V-NAND technology, the NAND flash memory delivers the ultimate in read and write performance in both sequential and random aspects. This is especially impressive in the 128 GB model* that outperforms similar models on the market by more than 80 MB/s in write speed.