If you were lucky enough to find a SNES Classic this early in the game, congratulations! We gave one away to a lucky reader not too long ago. Now there’s a new device out there to make your wireless Bluetooth controllers work with the system.
As a SNES Classic owner you soon realize there are two shortcomings right off the bat. One, there aren’t as many games as you would like to have on there and perhaps a few of your favorites are missing. Two, the length of the controller cable is incredibly short.
Well, now thankfully both these issues can be remedied. We outlined in great detail how to hack your SNES to add additional games. And, now you can use Bluetooth controllers with your SNES with the addition of the 8bitdo retro receiver which is now available for pre-order at Amazon for $12.99 Prime shipped. 8Bitdo is a trusted name in retro-fitted controllers and if this receiver is just like the NES Classic version it will transform your gaming experience. You can use just about any Bluetooth controller, there’s no lag and finally you won’t have to worry about tripping over cords! The retro receiver will start shipping on October 27.
8Bitdo retro receiver for SNES Classic Edition Features:
- Play your SNES, SFC and NES classic Edition wirelessly
- Compatible with all 8Bitdo Controllers and arcade sticks
- Compatible with next gen Controllers: PS4, PS3, Wii Mote, and Wii U pro
- Wireless Bluetooth, No lag
- Access your Nintendo classic Edition home screen by pressing down & select on your Controller