Just about every major player has leaked its Black Friday 2017 ads by now, giving us shoppers just enough time to get together our game plan for the most important shopping day of the year. So far we’ve rounded up the Best of Black Friday 2017 with products from Amazon, Google, Apple, various smart home, streaming media players and home goods. We’ll be supplying you with even more throughout the week to get you prepared for the big day that’s approaching quickly. As for now, you’ll find our picks for the best 4K Ultra HDTVs available for Black Friday down below.
This is it. This is what you came to this site for. The epitome of the Black Friday shopping experience can be summed up with this one product category alone. HDTVs are a big part of the madness of this special day. There is no other doorbuster that gets people more nutty than a fantastic deal on a new HDTV. This year, now that 4K Ultra HDTVs have come down dramatically and become the next new standard replacing 1080p, we have some exciting lows to share with you from a few different retailers.
Here are the best 4K UHDTV deals for Black Friday:
In this size range we typically see the largest selection of TVs available at stores. There are few notable ones this year like the 43-inch Polaroid at Target that has Google Chromecast built-in for $230, but the clear winner in this category range is the 50-inch Sharp over at Best Buy for only $180. It has 3 HDMI ports with HDCP 2.2 and great smart features thanks to the integrated Roku software. One thing is certain here, this is a doorbuster deal. The folks that camp outside of Best Buy each year have this is a top item on their list for 2017.
- Samsung 40-inch 4K Smart LED TV $328 (Reg. $400) | Walmart
- Polaroid 43-inch 4K Ultra HDTV with Chromecast Built-in $230 (Reg. $350) | Target
- Sharp 50-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV with Roku $180 (Reg. $500) | Best Buy
- Sharp 55-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV $298 (Reg. $400) | Walmart
- Westinghouse 55-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV $250 (Reg. $400) | Target
- Haier 55-inch 4K Ultra HDTV $300 (Reg. $400) w/ $90 Kohl’s Cash | Kohl’s
We’ve only seen a few contenders in this size category, but still, it’s worth noting that this range is where HDR10 becomes available for the first time at prices that are often below the smaller sets. Best Buy is again a clear choice with its Sony 60-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV for just $600 on Black Friday. A close second is the Vizio for $700 with a 200 Gift card from Dell.
- Sony 60-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV $600 (Reg. $1,000) | Best Buy
- Vizio 60-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV $700 (Reg. $970) w/ $200 Dell Promo eGift Card | Dell
The larger the screen size gets the less competition there is. Best Buy (on the surface) wins again for the lowest price, but the Samsung for $750 it’s offering doesn’t have the HDR setup crucial for TVs this size. So for $50 more it would be wiser to choose the LG from Dell for $800 in this case. It comes with at $150 eGift card and the TV has a 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10 and 3 HDMI ports with HDCP 2.2.
- LG 65-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV $800 (Reg. $1,000) w/ $150 eGift Card | Dell Home
- Samsung 65-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV $750 (Reg. $1,100) | Best Buy
Last minute buying tips |
- You may be wondering why we haven’t featured any 1080p HDTVs here. Well, believe or not we’ve been seeing prices on 4K TVs that are nearly as low as those for 1080p TVs of the same size this year. So if you were looking for 1080p deals at stores it maybe beneficial to get an upgrade to 4K this year.
- Try to shop as early as you can. You can expect to see great deals on Thanksgiving and even the days before Black Friday that are just as good.
- We all have our favorite TV brand we go to first, but if you’re trying save money you may want to look at off-brand sets with similar specs.
As always, we’ll have the best deals at 9to5Toys on Twitter and Facebook throughout the entire holiday shopping season. So be sure to bookmark our Black Friday 2017 guide for all of the latest news and deals to come!
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links