Green Man Gaming has teamed up with 2K and the annual, fan nominated Golden Joystick gaming awards, to offer voters a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Mac/PC. The game is regular $30 on Steam and $35 on the Mac App Store.
First, users will need to follow this link and hit the yellow “Start Voting” button to place a vote. It appears both an active Steam account and a free Playfire Rewards account is required, as users will need to to link their Steam and Playfire profiles to redeem the free game. Full instructions on how to vote can be found at the above link.
The voting window closes on the October 20th, but it appears free copies of XCOM will only be given “whilst stocks last.”
Promo details per GMG & Playfire:
Green Man Gaming have once again joined forces with the Golden Joysticks and 2K, and are offering all users a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown!! (while stocks last).The Golden Joysticks mark a prestigious ceremony on the gaming calendar, where dozens of the year’s best games are celebrated on a night of brilliance. There will be games from all genres, from all different kinds of studios. The most amazing thing? It’s up to YOU who takes home one of the iconic golden joysticks on award night. All you have to do is cast your vote.Voters will be able to claim their free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown while stocks last. We’ll post again very soon on how you can claim your free game but you can prepare in the first instance by voting in the Golden Joysticks – just follow the rather large ‘Vote now’ link below. As part of the process you will be asked to connect your Steam and Playfire profiles so you need to have a valid Steam account to participate and become part of Playfire Rewards to be eligible for a free copy of the game!Games will be given to verified voters whilst stocks last. Voters have to be 18+
More on XCOM from 2K:
XCOM, the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit – humanity’s last hope.
An electrifying combination of turn-based tactics, global strategy and sophisticated role-playing, XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition puts you in charge of XCOM, a top-secret military organization responsible for defending Earth from a devastating alien invasion.
Take command on the battlefield while you simultaneously develop XCOM’s headquarters, train and equip its forces and negotiate with national governments. As civilian attacks and abductions work to create worldwide panic, you must outsmart and overpower your mysterious enemies before government funding for XCOM dries up completely.
• A beautifully realized re-imagining of the groundbreaking classic X-COM: UFO Defense.
• Command XCOM’s soldiers in tense turn-based battles where each decision could be the difference between game-changing gains or devastating losses for humanity.
• Expand the XCOM base, manage its resources, oversee international relations and control Earth’s satellite coverage and air defenses.
• Recruit, customize and equip an elite squad, then upgrade each soldier’s unique skills and abilities as they gain experience in the field.
• Recover artifacts from battle and use them to research and build powerful technologies that can be turned against the invaders.
• Mix and match aliens and soldiers to create powerful squads in LAN and online multiplayer.
• XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition includes the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, as well as the Second Wave update, which includes a series of gameplay modifiers that add further depth and flexibility to the campaign.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.