Adorama has a very interesting podcasting/home recording bundle on sale right now. You can grab the Sennheiser HD600 Audio Dynamic Hi-Fi Stereo Headphones plus a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface and a Samson MTR101 Condenser Microphone for $399.99 shipped. Combining all three items, that’s nearly $300 off the original listings, $255 off the current prices and the best we have seen.
Outside of the very expensive Apogee interfaces, the Scarletts are some of our favorites on the market. In combination with the MTR101 Condenser, your home recordings will certainly sound much better. While Sennheiser’s reputation as a headphone maker speaks for itself, the open-back HD 600s feature Kevlar reinforced cables and Neodymium ferrous magnets to offer a much more professional monitoring situation.
While reviews on this particular mic are scarce, just about all of the affordable Samsons have favorable reviews on Amazon. Both the headphones and the interface have 4+ stars from hundreds.
- Lightweight aluminum voice coils ensure excellent transient response
- Neodymium ferrous magnets maintain optimum sensitivity and excellent dynamics
- Sophisticated design, elegantly finished in black and gray
- High-quality open metal-mesh earpiece covers
- Detachable, Kevlar-reinforced oxygen-free-copper cable with very low handling noise
- Two award winning Focusrite microphone pre-amps
- Dual mic/line instrument inputs on combination XLR/TRS front-panel connectors
- Precision, quality conversion at up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Includes an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite, Scarlett Plug-in Suite (RTAS/AU/VST), Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite (AAX/AU/VST), Novation Bass Station, and 1GB of Loopmasters samples
- Includes MTR101 Condenser Microphone, pop filter and shock mount
- Large, 1-inch diaphragm studio condenser microphone
- Internally shock-mounted capsule reduces handling noise and external vibrations
- Rugged die cast construction
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.