Update: The Black Friday deal at $200 is now expired, but it’s still available for $210.
If you’re looking to get an action camera but want to consider your non-GoPro options before you jump on one, you should check out the YI 4K. For Black Friday, Amazon has the YI 4K Action Camera (US Edition) in Night Black, Rose Golden, and White Pearl for $209.99 shipped, which is $40 less than its retail price of $250 and the lowest we could find…
For the device’s specs alone, the YI 4K is an incredible value. You get a touch screen, 4K UHD recording at 30 frames per second, 1080p recording at up to 240 frames per second, 12MP photos, and electronic image stabilization.
Here’s everything you get with this cam:
- 4K UHD and 2.5K Video at 30 fps
- 1080p up to 120 fps / 720p up to 240 fps
- 12MP Photos with 30 fps Bust Mode
- Ultra-Wide-Angle Glass Lens
- In-Camera Lens Distortion Correction
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Video and Photo Time-Lapse
- 2.19″ LCD Touchcreen with Gorilla Glass
- 1400mAh Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
While we haven’t reviewed the camera ourselves, several other sites have mostly good things to say about the device. Over 200 Amazon customers give the device a 4 out of 5 stars. For a touch screen action camera that records in 4K, the GoPro Hero5 Black would be one of the nearer competitors — and that device costs twice as much.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.