We could be in for some new details regarding the Bethesda Microsoft deal today. The massive $7.5 billion dollar merger was made official recently after making its way through the regulation process in both the EU and the US, effectively landing Bethesda’s biggest franchises — Fallout, Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Wolfenstein, and more — in Microsoft’s lap and leaving gamers with more questions than answers. We now have a much better idea of exclusivity and how these titles will make their way to Xbox Game Pass, but a new Bethesda Microsoft roundtable stream is scheduled for today that could bring some new details to light. You can watch the whole thing below.
While the Bethesda Microsoft deal is now official and we already have some details on day one Game Pass releases, as well as potential Xbox exclusivity windows for future titles, we are hoping to glean even more information on this front via today’s roundtable discussion.
However, it does appear as though today’s presentation will indeed be focused on learning “more about the teams & people at Bethesda” and “is NOT FOCUSED ON NEWS/REVEALS.” Although, it wouldn’t be surprising if we hear at least a little bit of something regarding exclusivity and some hints as to what might be up next for Bethesda’s wide range of in-house game studios.
You can watch the “Bethesda Joins Xbox – Roundtable” below starting at at 10 a.m. PT/ 1 p.m. ET:
A conversation with key leaders celebrating Bethesda joining Team Xbox.
Highlights from today’s Bethesda Microsoft presentation:
- FPS Boost coming to older backward compatible games….
- Game Pass members will be treated to 20 new Bethesda games starting tomorrow…
Starting tomorrow, we continue that journey and celebrate welcoming Bethesda to Xbox by making 20 of Bethesda’s most iconic and award-winning games – including games from franchises like Dishonored, Doom, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Wolfenstein – available to Xbox Game Pass members. What’s more, 16 of those titles will be available everywhere you play whether it’s PC, console, or mobile devices through the cloud for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members.
Complete list of Bethesda Game Pass games (As of March 12):
- Dishonored Definitive Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Dishonored 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM (1993) (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM II (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM 3 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM 64 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM Eternal (Console, PC, Cloud)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Console, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Console, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Cloud, Console)
- The Evil Within (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Fallout 4 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Fallout 76 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Console)
- Prey (Console, PC, Cloud)
- RAGE 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Console, PC, Cloud)
We will be updating this post if any overly interesting information does pop-up during today’s presentation. Just be sure to dive into our previous coverage for all of the current details on Bethesda Microsoft exclusivity, Game Pass updates, and much more.
You’ll also want to check out our coverage of Fall Guys Xbox release, as well as Amazon’s new Xbox Alexa app, the FREE Microsoft Xbox FPS Boost update, and the all-new Xbox Wireless Headset, while you’re at it.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.