One of our favorite iOS synths is on sale today. You can grab Magellan for iPhone and iPad for just $2.99 on the App Store. It regularly sells for $15 and this is the best price we have seen since September of 2016. Rated 4+ stars from hundreds. More details below.
We also spotted some other music production apps on sale right now. You’ll find our top picks below. And you’ll definitely want to check out the new Unique iOS synth from Sugar-Bytes.
iOS Universal: Magellan: $3 (Reg. $15)
iOS Universal: Virtual ANS: $3 (Reg. $6)
iOS Universal: PixiTracker 1Bit: $2 (Reg. $3)
iOS Universal: PixiTracker: $2 (Reg. $3)
iOS Universal: SunVox: $3 (Reg. $5)
iPad: Patterning : Drum Machine: $10 (Reg. $13)
iPad: Meteor Multitrack Recorder: $10 (Reg. $20)
Logic Pros: What’s new in iOS & Mac music production this week…
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
Magellan is the bold new professional analog modeling synthesizer for the iPad. Not content with just one synth, we gave Magellan TWO independent polyphonic synth engines. Individually or together, they deliver a new powerful warmth to the sound of iOS music.
Complete with a full FX rack, a total of six oscillators, dual filters per engine, multiple unison stages, extensive modulation matrix, dedicated arps, powerful MIDI capabilities, and a polyphonic step-sequencer – the aural possibilities with Magellan are infinite!
• 2 independent virtual analog synth engines running simultaneously
• 3 oscillators per synth engine; total of 6 realtime oscillators
• Osc unison stage w/ adjustable detune & width, up to 24 simultaneous wave generators for supersaw effect
• Realtime PWM Modulation for osc 1 & 2
• FM module w/ dedicated blend, ADSR envelope, adjustable contour
• Oscillator 2>1 ring modulation
• Noise generator w/ adjustable tone
• VCA ADSR envelope
• Separate voice unison stage w/ settable stereo spread, detune
• Dual Keyboards w/ individual pitch & modulation wheels
• Dual Touch Pad controls w/ settable key & scale & note-snapping, individual voice parameterization
• Polyphonic, Monophonic, Poly/Mono Legato operation modes
• Matrixpad modulation w/ configurable x/y destinations, synth out select, optional snapback
• Realtime oscilloscope (iPad 2 & newer)
• Synth coupling – run both synths by one control interface
• Inter-App Audio
• Audio backgrounding • Tap tempo
• 20 voice combined polyphony (10 voice combined for iPad 1)