Sony and Samsung have both dropped $1000 or more on their latest 4K TV sets. Although still pretty pricey, this certainly brings the TVs down to a much more affordable number.
The 55-Inch offerings from both companies see a $1000 price drop, bringing Sony’s XBR-55X900A down to $4000 and the Samsung UN55F9000 down to $4500. The massive 65-Inchers see an even deeper price cut. At around $1500 cheaper now, Sony’s 65-Inch XBR-65X900A is now $5500 and Samsung’s UN65F9000 is now down to $6000. The best part, Amazon has matched and slightly beat the new prices from the Samsung and Sony stores.
While still a hefty price tag, and certainly more expensive than Seiki’s 50-Inch 4K option, it is nice to see these brand name options starting to come down. Although 4K content might be a little hard to come by at the moment, Sony has released a new 4K media player filled with ultra hi res movies and Apple has included 4K support in the new Mac Pro.
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
- 4K Ultra HD 4 times more detail than Full HD 1080p
- 4K X-Reality PRO Picture Engine with up scaling to 4K
- Front-facing speakers with 65 Watts of powerful sound
- TRILUMINOS display with more brilliant colors than ever
- Dynamic Edge LED backlight for amazing contrast
- Ultra High Definition TV with Micro Dimming: Best picture quality
- 120Hz Refresh Rate: Good for general viewing, video games, action movies, and sports
- Smart TV with Gesture Controls and a Built in Camera: Interact with streaming content and the web
- Thin LED Design: TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 57.6″ x 33″ x 1.6″, TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 57.6″ x 34.4″ x 13″