There are a wide selection of emulation options around for older Nintendo titles, but some prefer the real thing, with original cartridges and a console. Designed from a “single, solid block of 6061 aluminum”, the new Analogue Nt certainly isn’t the most affordable way to do that, but it might be one of the most elegant and authentic, outside of buying an original NES…
The system prides itself on being an authentic way to play the classics with the same Ricoh 20A3 and Ricoh 2C02 chips that ran the original console. According to the company, it is the “only NES on the market that is built with original hardware.” To some that may not be a big deal, but Nt takes it a step further with add-on HDMI support allowing for 1080p or 720p upscaling for higher res output to an HDTV and more. Above we are seeing a few new shots of the finely crafted Nt internals.
Analogue Nt supports the more than 2000 titles released across both the NES and its Japanese counterpart, Famicom.
Users will find original NES ports and the Famicom expansion port. Meaning the system is compatible with the host of add-on peripherals available for both systems including original controllers, the NES Zapper and the Famicom Disk system.
More specs below:
- NES, Famicom, Famicom Disk System (via expansion port)
- Region Free
- Worldwide Compatibility (PSU: 50-60hz, 100-240 volts)
- HDMI 1080p/720p (requires HDMI Adapter)
- RGB, Component and S-Video
- Mono & Stereophonic Sound Effect (adjustable)
- Famicom Audio Support
- Analogue Nt
- AC Adapter
- AV Cable (composite & s-video)
- Original NES Ports
- 4 Player Compatibility (switchable between each region)
- Famicom Expansion Port
- Everdrive & Powerpak Compatibility
- Adjustable Color Palette (Classic, Modern & Arcade)
- Increased Power Delivery for 3rd Party Devices
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.